Chapter 3 ~ The First Race

It's already Saturday and me and Arthur have really been looking forward to today. The free practice and qualifying went well. We finished P4 and P6 in the FP and P3 and P4 in the qualifying. I woke up from the sound of my alarm clock and got out of bed. I quickly put on some clothes and make-up, because I was already running late for our breakfast together. I met Arthur, Charles, Max, Daniel, Pierre, George and Carlos there. There was also someone who I haven't met yet. I've heard Carlos talking about him and he seems really nice. I walked up to the table where all the boys were sitting together. I grabbed a chair and joined them.

"Finally, there you are, I was already wondering if you already forgot about us."

"Haha, really funny George" I said with sarcasm.

"Here Lisa, I got some fruit for you, I know you like to eat that for breakfast."

"Thanks Max." I was watching Carlos and this new kid talking together.

"I forgot to introduce you to Lando, well this is Lando and he drives for McLaren. He is my current teammate."

"Hi there, I'm Lisa" I said with a smile.

After we all finished breakfast it was already time to get back to the grid. I left with Arthur, because Charles and Max had something else to do. First we had a meeting, after it finished Arthur and I were getting ready for the sprint race that was coming up in a bit. We both changed into our suits and went to the track where the cars were standing.

After the sprint race I ended up with P2 and Arthur with P4. Charles came up to us and congratulated us.

"Good job guys, you were both great out there."

"Thanks Charles, sadly I spinned which made me lose first place." Arthur sat down on the couch while watching his phone.

"We're going out with the boys to play some golf tomorrow after the race, do you wanna come?" Charles said. "Yeah, sure, Arthur you coming?"

"Hhmm, yeah I will" not paying attention to us.

Charles walked away to the Ferrari motorhome to get ready for his qualifying. I had an interview with Sky Sports together with Dennis. After the interview finished I walked back to Arthur to watch the F1 qualifying and Dennis joined us. The qualifying ended and the top 5 was:

1. Max Verstappen
2. Charles Leclerc
3. George Russel
4. Carlos Sainz
5. Lewis Hamilton

8. Pierre Gasly
11. Lando Norris
13. Daniel Ricciardo

Arthur knocked on the door which caused me to wake up. I got up from my bed and went to open the door.

"Still not ready Lisa, we have to be at the grid in 30 minutes."

I looked at my watch and saw that it was already that late. "No not again, I forgot to set my alarm, good that you came." I quickly changed into something and went with Arthur to the track.

We went to the Prema Powerteam garage and I went to change in my drivers room. I got into my suit and mentally prepared myself. We walked to the grid to get in the car as the race was almost beginning. Charles was also on the grid and he gave me a huge hug.

"Please be careful."

"I will, don't worry Charles."

Lisa_Leclerc

Story posted

Story posted

 I got in the car and the formation lap has begun.

The race began after all the cars were standing on their start place again. I had a great start and in the second corner I took two places. I was now in second place and Arthur was behind me. Over the border radio they told me that they predicted that it would rain so I went in for my first pitstop in lap 13 to change from medium to intermediates. Arthur came in the next round too. When I came out of the pits I was at P8. Soon after Arthur and I went in, it started to rain. Almost everyone went in, so I ended up with P2 and Arthur with P3. There was only 3 minutes left on the clock now and I quickly catched up with the men in front of me. I overtook him and Arthur was close by so he overtook him too as the other driver was still on mediums. We finished as P1 and P2.

Board Radio Lisa Leclerc

'That's a P1 for you Lisa, great job, you deserved it.'
"YESSS COME ON! Good job guys, thank you."
"Where did Arthur end?"
'He ended P2, right behind you. Good job guys, great start.'

I parked my car in front of the number 1 board and got out of the car. I immediately ran over to the team. I saw Arthur and hugged him tight and congratulated me. Charles came running to us too and he gave me a hug.

"I'm proud of you guys, great start for the season."

"Thanks Charles." I said with a big smile on my face.

A little while later Arthur and I went to the podium. They called out my name and I felt really proud. I walked up on the stage and got on the podium. I saw my team standing down there and Charles was there too. Hearing the Monaco National Anthem made me tear up a little. After the ceremony I went into my drivers' room to freshen myself up a little.

Arthur and I decided to watch the Formula 1 race too, of course. Dennis joined us again and we sat watching the TV screen in the Prema garage. Max on pole and Charles second. Not long after the race had started, I fell asleep on Arthur's lap. I was really tired after my own race. I woke up from the sound of people cheering and it was now 3 laps before the end of the race. Charles was now first and Max second, Charles had probably just overtook him. Arthur and Dennis were already leaving because they had other plans for tonight and Arthur would later join us. I went to my drivers' room to put on some of the team clothes and then walked towards the Ferrari motorhome to find Charles. The podium ceremony has just finished and I was waiting for Charles to arrive.

"Good job Charles, nice overtake" I said.

"Thanks Lisa, but I know you have fallen asleep, Arthur just texted me to check on you." I rolled my eyes. Charles walked into his drivers room to change clothes and shortly after he was done, we walked towards the car.