Custard's 16th Brithday

3rd POV
It has been a few weeks, almost up to a month since the Founding Celebration. Things have been...quiet...well for the Three Princes...Ever since Dark Vanilla sent an envoy to the St. Pastry Order, they haven't heard from them since...Dark Vanilla begun to worry...after all, these were descendants of his original kingdom. He sighed...he had other things to worry about now. He's currently having a meeting with Milk, Purple Yam and Black Raisin Cookie. "Did you double the security today?" Dark Vanilla asked, his shoulders were tense today. "I have, as you requested, though, I would like to suggest we upper it a little bit more today." Milk informed, slightly worried. "I agree with the Captain...Your Majesty, Clotted Cream Cookie and Elder Custard have not returned yet...Things are worrying, and we know how the St. Pastry Order works." Black Raisin informed as Dark Vanilla sighed. "Your request has been fulfilled, if you wish to higher up security, then go...I will admit, our lack of contact with the envoy is giving me nerves..." Dark Vanilla spoke clutching his hands together. "Then Can I search for the envoy? It's been missing for almost a month, I better go and check." Purple Yam suggested, honestly. He just wanted to pick a fight, but that makes him the best choice right now...if the St. Pastry Order attacked and captured first, Dark Vanilla will have reason to start war if one of his soldiers had died in their territory. "Permission granted. However, take as minimum soldiers as you can...we need the security here in case they attack while you're away." Dark Vanilla ordered, Purple Yam nodded. "Alright...this meeting is adjourned...We have a birthday to celebrate." Dark Vanilla informed as everyone went over to their separate stations.

Oh yes, did I forget to mention? Today's the day of Custard's birthday! His 16th birthday! Why was this special? Well, in royal standards, 16 is the age of adulthood, in the Crimson Kingdom. ROYAL standards. Still, Dark Vanilla won't allow him to find a suitable bride (or groom) till he's actually ready. So why is it a huge deal? Because this is the day, that Custard will receive a special gift from Dark Vanilla Cookie...a special gift that means a lot to the kingdom.

Dark Choco's birthday, sparked this tradition, and in front of the whole kingdom, despite the rumors, Dark Vanilla gave Dark Choco a release and strength against the curse of his sword, They later renamed the sword to the Rubyjam Oreoblade, symbolizing the change from dark to light. From then on, Dark Choco Cookie would master and even control the dark sword, so not even the voices within would tempt him from the light.

Red Velvet's Sixteenth birthday, is that he received a pendant, with a striking resemblance to White Lily's Soul Jam, except it was blue, to match his eyes, from then on, Red Velvet was recognized as the general of the Cake Army and the Kingdom was placed in harmony for taming wild cakes and utilizing them for other uses rather than rabid animals.

Now it was Custard's turn to receive such a gift...and everything had to be perfect...

Dark Choco walked into the castle halls, after informing Gingerbrave and crew to distract Custard on his birthday, as they decorated The castle.

He walked in and saw gorgeous decorations, the yellow and blue somewhat conflicting with the Red halls, though, Dark Vanilla always had a spell that would change the walls to suit the occasion, one time he made the whole castle walls white just for a New Year's Festival. He suddenly looked over towards a stressed Red Velvet.

"My baby's night has to perfect, and it's not perfect, and peoplearegoingtobecoming, oh gods what if it's not perfect-" Red Velvet was caught off when Dark Choco patted his shoulder

"My baby's night has to perfect, and it's not perfect, and peoplearegoingtobecoming, oh gods what if it's not perfect-" Red Velvet was caught off when Dark Choco patted his shoulder. "Calm down Red, stressing yourself won't help...you ok?" Dark Choco asked concerned as Red Velvet sighed. "I just...want this night to be perfect, to be special! He's turning 16! And just like you, he's going to be king one day!" Red Velvet spoke looking around at the décor. "I know that thought is stressful...but save that for after the party...it's not like he's 16 now!" Dark Choco remarked as Red Velvet slowly turned his head towards him. "You really don't get the concept of birthdays do you?" Red Velvet asked as Dark Choco blushed in embarrassment. "And for goodness sake! Aren't you going to wear something nice for the occasion?! It's your brother's birthday! Geez, at least wear something other than that armor!" Red Velvet remarked as he grabbed his brother's arm. "Let's go find you some clothes!" Red Velvet spoke as he grabbed his hand, only to feel it being pushed away. "Lemme check on Pure Vanilla first...alright?" Dark Choco asked as Red Velvet pouted. "Fine! But we better run to your closet afterwards!" He spoke, Dark Choco nodded, he left the area and searched for Pure Vanilla...knowing full well he'd be in the "Room of Memories"

He entered the room, and saw Dark  Vanilla solemnly staring at the items on display

He entered the room, and saw Dark  Vanilla solemnly staring at the items on display. He sighed in pity, Dark Vanilla heard the sigh, since the room was very quiet, with only the sound of birds being heard. "Sorry, I was just..." Dark Vanilla spoke, trying to explain, but he knew better than to hide from Dark Choco. "It's alright...I get it..." He said walking over to his side...but remained behind him. Dark Vanilla sighed as he continued to kneel in front of the items in display. "No mater how many decades it has been...I can't seem to move on..." Dark Vanilla spoke. "And now another year has passed...a decade and a half since Custard came into our lives...and I'm still here..." Dark Vanilla spoke as he sighed. "It's no use dwelling now...if Custard sees me cry in the ceremony...he'll feel bad..." He spoke as he begins to stand. "You don't have to hide your emotions, Pure Vanilla..." Dark Choco advised, he did hate Pure Vanilla for that one fact...after all, Pure Vanilla's whole shebang is about truth. He sighed as The Crimson King, ignored him. "So...what are you going to give for his birthday?" Dark Choco asked, Dark Vanilla begun to stare at a specific item on the pedestal, he grabbed it away from it. "You're giving him that?!" Dark Choco exclaimed in shock. "But that's...your most important item! You can't be serious!" Dark Choco continued, as if to convince Dark Vanilla out of it. "It no longer responds to me...and besides...it will be of more use to all of you in the near future..." Dark Vanilla spoke. "When I'm not around..."

"You say that as if you're going to die." Dark Choco asked concerned as Dark Vanilla looked at him. "If I knew how to die, I'd have done it a long time ago...so no...this is...another worst-case scenario..." Dark Vanilla spoke as he stared at the item. "Which is why, you must promise me something..."

"If Dark Enchantress Cookie does return...and I tell you to grab your brothers and run...you run"