Instant Panic

Ranboo woke up in a cold sweat, he couldn't breathe as he suddenly heard Dream in his head. "Finally awake huh, welcome back" Dream laughed, his laugh seemed to echo for a bit. Ranboo shut his eyes tightly and grabbed his head, hoping it would all stop soon. "T-Tubbo" he whispered, he desperately needed him especially then as he slowly opened his eyes and looked to where Tubbo should be sleeping, he was gone with no note to replace him this time. Dreams laugh suddenly started echoing again, like a never ending nightmare. His breathing was rapid through his gritted teeth whilst he rocked himself back and forth, holding his head tightly as he grabbed handfuls of hair. "TUBBO" he soon yelled as he shook violently, sweat dripping down his face.

He suddenly heard the door swing open as footsteps started running towards him. He then felt someone quickly sit down in front of him as they gently covered his hands with their own. "It's ok it's ok, you're alright, Tubbo's right here, I'm right here now I've got you" Tubbo said calmly, "it's alright, Boo look at me". Ranboo slowly looked at him, clear fear in his eyes. "See I'm right here you're ok, you're alright, it's ok" Tubbo said, trying his best to calm him down. "I-I can't do this he's in my head Tubbo" Ranboo cried. "It's ok you can do this, I'm right here if you need anything ok, it's ok" Tubbo said, "try and let go of your head and instead hold my hands, you can squeeze my hands as tight as you need". Ranboo nodded as he slowly let go of his hair before squeezing Tubbos hands tightly. "T-Tubbo I'm scared" he whispered shakily. "It's ok I promise, come here it's alright" Tubbo said as he pulled Ranboo into a tight hug. Ranboo held onto Tubbo as tight as he could, not letting go any time soon, not entirely sure if any of this was real, it felt like a very realistic nightmare.

"I've got you now it's ok, I've got you, you can relax I promise" Tubbo reassured him. "I-I can't I can't I'm sorry" Ranboo quickly said, he sounded terrified. "You can don't worry it's ok, it's just me and you, no one else I promise, you're completely safe, you're ok" Tubbo repeated, "you're ok". Ranboo nodded as he tried to calm down but it wasn't working at all. "Ranboo I want you to listen to me, turn your full focus to my voice ok" Tubbo said, feeling Ranboo shake violently in his arms before he nodded. "You are completely safe, I'm right here for you, all I want for you is to relax as much as you can and breathe with me ok" he said, feeling Ranboo nod again, "slowly breathe in" he instructed. Ranboo couldn't do it, his breathing was too fast, it felt like he was about to faint. "I-I can't I'm sorry" he cried very shakily. "It's ok, we can go slower" Tubbo said comfortingly, making sure he knew he wasn't mad.

He then slowly separated from the hug as Ranboo accidentally grabbed onto his sleeves tightly with his eyes closed. "It's ok, I'm not going anywhere I promise, I'm gonna stay with you until I know you're ok, ok?" Tubbo reassured him. Ranboo nodded but he still didn't let go as he slowly looked at him again. "I'm not gonna leave you I promise, I'm not going anywhere" Tubbo continued with a small smile. "S-sorry" Ranboo stuttered as he closed his eyes again. "It's alright I promise, you have nothing to apologise for, look at me" Tubbo said as they both slowly made eye contact, "I'm not mad, I wanna help, you're gonna be ok" he reassured him. Ranboo nodded, he had only calmed down slightly since Tubbo ran into the room. "Hold my hands" he said, holding his hands out. Ranboo hesitated, feeling if he were to let go of Tubbos sleeves he would disappear. Tubbo noticed Ranboos hesitation, "it's ok, I'm not going anywhere I promise" he reassured him.

Ranboo nodded as he slowly let go of Tubbos sleeves before quickly holding onto his hands tightly. "See, I'm still here" Tubbo smiled at him. Ranboo nodded in relief, all of a sudden feeling like he couldn't talk as tears started to fly down his face. Tubbo then guided Ranboo's hands down to his wrists before he gently cupped Ranboos face in his hands, carefully wiping away tears with his thumbs. "It's ok, calm, relax, you can do it, I'm right here for you, I'm not going anywhere I promise, try and breathe with me" Tubbo said reassuringly, "take a deep breath in through your nose... and out through your mouth" he said, watching as Ranboo did as he said. "See, you can do it, you've got this it's ok, take another deep breath in... and out" he repeated, then repeating it over and over again.