Nightmares

Ranboo woke up panicking, but he didn't know why, he couldn't remember if he had actually had a nightmare or not. It was still night and Tubbo was asleep next to him, he looked calm. *I can't wake him up just for me, that's selfish* he thought, noticing their hands were still locked together. His head started pounding once more with pain, he never knew why this happened, it just did. He slowly sat up whilst holding his head with one hand as he closed his eyes, making little hissing sounds of pain every now and then. "Ranboo" he suddenly heard someone whisper as he quickly opened his eyes with a gasp, looking around the room to find only darkness. He knew it was just Dream again so he chose to ignore it.

Ranboo then felt Tubbo turn over as he quickly looked at him. "Boo?" Tubbo said confusedly, still half asleep as he rubbed his eyes. "Y-yeah, sorry i-if I woke you up" Ranboo said, trying desperately to hide his panicking but Ranboo himself being a horrible liar, failed miserably. "Are you ok?" Tubbo asked. "Mhm, s-sorry" Ranboo said quietly. "It's ok, you're shaking quite badly" Tubbo pointed out, "what's wrong?" He asked. "N-nothing it's fine" Ranboo said, accidentally sniffling. "Are you crying?" Tubbo asked. "N-no I'm fine" Ranboo said with a slight voice crack. "Hey" Tubbo whispered, getting Ranboos full attention. "Want a hug?" He asked, letting go of Ranboos hand before opening his arms. Ranboo gave in as he hugged Tubbo tightly, laying his head on Tubbos chest. "It's ok" Tubbo said as he slowly rubbed Ranboo's back whilst slowly playing with his hair. "What's wrong?" He asked quietly.

"I-I don't know, I-I just woke up p-panicking" Ranboo stuttered. "Ok, it's ok now, I'm right here if you need me" Tubbo whispered reassuringly, "try and relax, you're completely safe". "T-thank you" Ranboo said quietly as he started to calm down. "No problem at all" Tubbo said calmly, feeling Ranboo's breathing and shakiness start to calm down. "There we go, it's ok" he whispered, "close your eyes and imagine something nice, I'm right here if you need me". "T-thank you so much" Ranboo said quietly. "It's no problem at all" Tubbo said. Ranboo did as he was told as he closed his eyes but struggled to fall asleep even though he felt very relaxed. Tubbo playing with his hair was helping a lot but he still couldn't manage to go back to sleep. He felt like crying again but he didn't want to do it in front of Tubbo, he had already cried enough times in front of him.

"It's ok" he heard Tubbo whisper. "I'm really sorry" Ranboo whispered back. "What're you sorry for?" Tubbo asked. "B-being like this I guess" Ranboo admitted. "Remember when I was some what like this, crying every night, waking up randomly in a panic, you had to deal with all of it and I do feel sorry for you for that but now it's my turn to take care of you, you don't deserve any of this at all but now I can be there for you, y'know?" Tubbo said. "I-I guess" Ranboo said. "I do have 1 question though" Tubbo said, hearing Ranboo respond with a quiet "yeah?". "Why do you feel you have to keep quiet about how you really feel?" He asked. "I-I don't know" Ranboo said but he did know, *you've got enough to deal with, you don't need my problems too* he thought. "You can tell me anything Boo you know that right?" Tubbo said reassuringly, still slowly running his fingers through Ranboos hair. "Y-yeah" Ranboo stuttered. "Is there anything you wanna talk about maybe?" Tubbo asked, feeling Ranboo shake his head.

Tears started filling Ranboos eyes, making them sting as he accidentally sniffled, getting Tubbos attention. "It's ok I promise, you don't have to stay quiet y'know, you can tell me anything you want" Tubbo said calmly. "I-I can't I'm sorry" Ranboo stuttered as he started to cry quietly. "That's completely ok, but do you mind me asking why?" Tubbo said. "Y-you've got your own problems to deal with, you don't need mine too" Ranboo finally admitted. "I'm completely fine, you've helped me get better and recover from what has happened in my life but it never gave me the time to ask about you" Tubbo explained, "so tell me all you need, don't worry about my 'problems' I'm fine".
"B-but I don't want you to worry about me" Ranboo said with a voice crack. "Ranboo I'm always worried about you, if I was never worried about you then I wouldn't be a good husband at all, my job is to help you and make you happy" Tubbo explained with a small smile.

"I-I'm sorry for worrying you" Ranboo said quietly as tears started pouring onto Tubbo's pyjama top. "You don't need to be sorry about that at all, you don't need to be sorry for anything at all because you have never done anything wrong, you're completely fine" Tubbo reassured him. Ranboo suddenly wanted to tell Tubbo everything but felt like he had to shut up. "Why do you keep going back to your old house?" Tubbo wondered out loud. "I-I don't know" was all Ranboo could think of. "Why did you have a bandage on your arm?" Tubbo kept asking. "I-I don't know" Ranboo said again. "What do you do at your old house?" Tubbo kept asking questions. "I-I
d-don't know" Ranboo repeated. "Ok, it's all ok I promise, try and get some sleep, I will always be right here if you need me" Tubbo said reassuringly. "T-thank you" Ranboo said quietly as he closed his eyes, feeling slightly better. "No problem at all, we can talk in the morning if you want but for now, try and calm down, I'm here if you need help with anything ok?" Tubbo said, feeling Ranboo nod.

Ranboo closed his eyes and turned his full attention to Tubbos hand on his head and the arm around him. Right in that moment, Tubbo was his shield, he felt completely safe and didn't want to move as he slowly fell asleep.

————————————————
I feel so incredibly lonely rn

1064 words