"It's gonna be ok, you're gonna be ok"

Ranboo woke up, his head hurt like hell as he quickly realised he wasn't in bed, but was slouched against a wall. "You awake?" He suddenly heard a voice, instantly recognising it, "I moved you around a bit and then I lost you, I'm glad I brought you here though" Dream laughed. Ranboo looked around after rubbing his eyes, he was in his panic room. "Why am I here?" He asked, sounding slightly scared. "I just said I brought you here, god you never listen" Dream said, he sounded angry before he quickly calmed down. "But why-why did you bring me here?" Ranboo asked as he started shaking. "Well 1 I was bored and 2" Dream said, laughing to himself before answering, "I want you to cause pain to yourself, so much pain that you'll pass out from it". Ranboo was shocked, "please no" he whispered. "Please yes Ranboo!" Dream laughed loudly, "now go on, or Tubbo will be in an even worse state to what he was yesterday" he said suddenly through gritted teeth.

Ranboo hesitated before standing up and slowly walking into the lab, really wishing it would all stop as he walked over to the water bottles, staring at them, *please someone help, just please, Tubbo, Tommy, Phil, Techno anyone just please* he begged. "COME ON RANBOO! If that's even your name" Dream yelled. *Is that my name?* Ranboo started to question as he slowly rolled his left sleeve up before picking up the bottle and holding it over his arm. *Fuck* he thought before smashing the bottles on his arm. He couldn't help but yell loudly into his arm, muffling his scream slightly. "Another one" Dream demanded. "I-I can't" Ranboo cried. "NOW YOU MONSTER!". Ranboo jumped before quickly grabbing another bottle and smashing it on his arm, it was too much, he couldn't take the pain as he stumbled backwards into a wall and slowly slid down it before looking at his very messed up arm, blood was pouring out of cuts and burns, splashing on the floor.

"Hm, that'll do, I would've told you to do more but you already look pretty messed up, have fun with that!" Dream laughed, leaving his head. Ranboo held his arm as he screamed loudly, not caring if anyone heard this time, he needed help and he knew that. The problem was that he was currently in a basement below a basement below another basement, making it hard for him to be heard at all. "PLEASE" he cried out but no one could hear him. He sat there hopelessly for another 5 minutes, screaming as his entire arm burnt like hell, literal hell. He closed his eyes, on the verge of passing out until he heard someone yell his name. "HELP ME PLEASE" he cried out, soon hearing someone climbing down the ladder that led to the lab. "Oh my god Ranboo!" He heard, not looking at the person, he was in too much pain to care who it was at this point.

"Oh boo I'm so sorry, it's ok now, Tubbo's here, I'm right here it's ok, I'm gonna help, I'm gonna take care of you" Tubbo said, looking at Ranboo's arm, it gave him flashbacks, obviously nothing as bad as this but still, flashbacks of things he had done himself. He quickly snapped out of it before looking at Ranboos face, his eyes were closed tightly as he screamed into the ceiling, flailing slightly at the pain. "Here, bite down on your sleeve, it'll help slightly with the pain" Tubbo said, watching as Ranboo bit down on his sleeve whilst his left arm hung numbly to his side, still burning like it was actually on fire. "PLEASE MAKE IT STOP PLEASE" he cried out, his cries muffled due to the sleeve in his mouth. "I'm thinking I promise" Tubbo said calmly. "I'm so sorry" Ranboo cried as he let go of the sleeve and held Tubbos hand very tightly. "You haven't done anything wrong don't worry, don't blame yourself for any of this, you're gonna be ok" Tubbo reassured him.

He then thought of something as he gently pressed his hands against the cuts and burns on Ranboo's arm. His hands were super cold due to being in the snow so he thought maybe it would help, and it was. "Thank you thank you" Ranboo whispered in relief, happy something was helping as he felt the pain slowly die down. The cuts still hurt like hell but the burning feeling was calming down. "It's ok, breathe" Tubbo said calmly. Ranboo couldn't breathe and he couldn't stop shaking, it was clear he was panicking very badly but their main priority was helping with the pain. "When I said you're gonna be ok I meant it, soon we'll be home in bed where it's nice and warm and safe from everything, you'll be able to breathe clearly and you'll be lying in my arms, I will be taking care of you and protecting you, nothing bad will happen" Tubbo explained calmly, helping Ranboo calm down slightly.

"I-I would like that" Ranboo smiled slightly as the pain started to die down. He slowly loosened the grip on Tubbos hand, telling him without words that what he was doing was helping. "You're gonna be ok, I'll make sure of it" Tubbo smiled at him as Ranboo gave a weak smile back. "T-thank you so much" Ranboo sniffled. "It's alright, now relax your body as much as you can and take deep breaths, I've got you now don't worry" Tubbo said calmly. Ranboo struggled slightly, he couldn't breathe and only relaxed a little bit, "I-I can't I'm sorry" he cried as tears flew from his eyes. "It's ok, take a deep breath in with me" Tubbo said calmly as he made eye contact with Ranboo, watching as Ranboo copied him. "And a long breath out" Tubbo said, watching as Ranboo did as he said. "Keep doing that, keep it slow, you're gonna be ok I promise, can you walk?" He asked. "I-I don't know" Ranboo stuttered. "Ok, put your right arm around me just in case" Tubbo said as he crouched down beside Ranboo and put his arm over his shoulder.

"Now try and stand up, lean on me if you need" he said as they both slowly stood up, Ranboo struggling slightly before standing up straight. "Are you ok?" Tubbo asked as Ranboo took his arm from around him and instead held his hand tightly. He nodded with tears in his eyes. "I promise what I said will happen when we get home, you'll be ok" Tubbo smiled at him. "T-thank you" Ranboo smiled weakly back. "No problem, now let's get out of here and go home". And they both did just that, it took them 5-10 minutes to get back whilst the cold air of the night chilled them both. "I know you won't like this but we need to take care of your arm otherwise it'll get infected and you might end up losing it" Tubbo said as they both got to the top step of the mansion. "F-fine" Ranboo stuttered before they both walked to the bathroom, he felt a lump in his throat since he had stopped crying but he desperately needed to again.

"There's a small healing potion here somewhere" Tubbo said, searching through the cabinets whilst Ranboo sat down on the toilet seat. "Ah! Found it" Tubbo smiled, grabbing a small tube full of pink liquid. "This is going to hurt but it won't last long I promise, it'll help clean everything and make everything heal faster than it would normally" Tubbo explained as he poured a tiny bit onto a piece of tissue, "hold your arm out please" he said, watching as Ranboo hesitated before doing as he was told. "Thank you" Tubbo said before slowly dabbing and wiping Ranboos arm with the potion-ed tissue. Ranboo hissed and flinched as Tubbo went over painful cuts and burns. "It's ok" Tubbo repeated. "And done" he soon said before putting everything away and wrapping up his arm in a bandage. "Ok now I'm fully done" he said with a small smile before looking at Ranboos face. It was clear that he was holding in many tears, after all you're not gonna feel like sunshine and rainbows after relapsing very painfully.

"Come on, let's go snuggle" Tubbo smiled, holding Ranboos hand and helping him up. "I-I hate that word" Ranboo whispered, following Tubbo to their bedroom. "I know you do" Tubbo laughed as they both laid down in bed. He pulled Ranboo closer to him, letting him know it was ok for him to lay on his chest like he had. And he did, Ranboo relaxed his body as he melted into the feeling of being safe. "There we go, see, I told you everything will be ok" Tubbo said calmly as he put an arm over him whilst slowly playing with his hair, knowing this helped calm him down a lot. "T-thank you so much" Ranboo stuttered, already feeling very tired from the head scratches. "It's no problem at all don't worry, close your eyes and relax, gain full control over your breathing, you're completely safe now, I've got you, you're in full control" Tubbo said calmly. Ranboo did as he said, he closed his eyes and took a deep breathe to help relax himself.

"We can talk in the morning if you want" Tubbo said, feeling Ranboo hesitate in his answer. "I said if you want, we don't have to talk about anything if you don't want to" he reassured him. "I-I'll think about it, I love you" Ranboo smiled. "I love you too" Tubbo smiled back, very happy Ranboo was back with him.

—————————————
My favourite duo/couple on the SMP

1651 words