𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧:

【𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐣𝐮 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬】

-------------------------------------------------------------- 

// Second POV: //

After another day of fighting the monsters of Liyue, you found yourself slumped on dripping stone walls. Surrounded by the ruins of Lingju Pass, seeking shelter from the rain, and rest from your wounds. Blood dripping from your head, to your arms, and on the cold floor. 

Clearing monsters and mutations from this specific area is a common place for you. No matter how many times you revisit  this place, there always seemed to be more enemies than the last. You've grown used to the usual visit here, yet tired of it all the same. Though today, the combination of Karmic Debt, and the Miasmic Mutations have taken quite the toll on your body, and health.

Have my wounds closed up yet? The rain is already troublesome as is. But additional injuries would only make things more...complicated.

You closed you eyes relaxed your body. Allowing yourself rest your head against the wall. All around, you could hear the quick drizzles of the rain outside. Rumbles of the clouds in the distance. Dripping water drops from the walls of the ruins. All of it being heard perfectly clear.

But then, your eyes suddenly opened. In the distance, you could hear footsteps coming towards your location. Small, yet quick.

You summoned your katana. Tightly gripping it, preparing for any monster or being. Even with a hazing mind, and unclear vision, you glared at the entrance of the ruins. You could make out two feet entering and...

// Y/N POV:  //

A...Child?

 Agh-!

A sharp pain went through my left arm. I gripped it with my right to ease the pain, but it did little to help. 

That Dendro Samachurl must have...poisoned...me...

I looked down on my arm. I realized that a red swelling was forming on the top of my arm. Closing my eyes, I focused on controlling blood loss. Contrary to mortal beliefs, even Adepti can be susceptible to the same affects the elements have on them, just the same as mortals. 

But as I was about to fall unconscious, the pain suddenly lightened. A slight relief. Opening my eyes, the small child was before me. A small cryo construct circling around my body. Looking down, the child looked familiar.