𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟎𝟗

𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧:

𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐡𝐮 𝐈𝐧𝐧

--------------------------------------------------------------

// Second POV: //

Even an Adeptus can only go so far with another on their hands. You had managed to travel quite the distance from the Harbor in that period of time. Though you were still far from the Wangshu Inn. 

Tilting your head, you faced the Fatui. You questioned yourself. Knowing what you had said when the offer of the duel was given to you.

"I cannot guarantee your survival."

You could not explain the emotion you had felt at that moment. Had it been anger? Sadness? Irritation? Perhaps all three. But for now, those emotions were not present. Only...guilt and pity? You knew the things he had caused. You knew of the things he had done within his time in the Fatui. 

But when you looked at him, you could only see him in the Fatui. 

// Aeather POV: //

How is she so fast?! While carrying a person no less. I could have sworn I made it here fast enough! 

"Hey Isn't that her over there?"

"Where?"

"Over there! Paimon is even pointing at her!"

"I see her!"

Paimon had pointed the a bridge that was only a few meters away from us. I quickly raced over to Y/n and shouted her name.

"Y/n!"

"Hm? Oh. Aether. You're here."

"Yep! Are you alright?"

"Is there something that should cause concern?"

"No! No! I just want to make sure you're okay since you're carrying Childe still."

"I'm quite alright."

"Good. Just making sure."

"..."