Kaya remained silent, she had many concerns about the plan, and many unanswered questions. However she'd wait until Erwin had finished his explanation of his suicide plan. She could only hope she and her close friends would make it out alive, as well as the scout she loved most dear, Levi.

"For this to work, to convince these youths towards their deaths, it will take an expert con man and a whole slew of blatant lies. If I don't lead the vanguard myself, then none of them will have the courage. Which means I must be the first to change, and the first to be slain as well. So I'll never learn the truth." Erwin continued.

"Huh?" Levi questioned.

"I just, wanted to reach that cellar. Everything I've done up to this point, I did in the hopes that this chance would come. I dreamt that I'd get to prove I was right. Many times, I thought that death would've been easier, but then I, I think of the questions that I needed answered. They're what I live for, and now those answers are no more than a cowards leap away." Erwin hurried his head into his hands. "I'm so close. Can you see them too? Our comrades, they're all standing around us. They've been watching us all. They wanna know what we did with the sacrifices and the hearts they gave." Erwin asked.

Kaya didn't know what to think or feel at this point, she'd always carried her squads death on her shoulders but Erwins guilt took it to a whole new level. The ghoul always thought he was heartless but he had proven her wrong once again.

"That's probably just in my head right? No more input than a child's bad dream." The commander finished.

Levi knelt down beside him, demonstrating his gratitude to his commander. "You led us well. Fought hard. No one else could've gotten us this far. I'll make the choice for you, give up on your dream and charge to your death, lead those crying children straight to hell. I'll reach the beast titan, and tear him apart."

Kaya hadn't seen this side of Levi for a while, but it was necessary for him to shut off his emotions during a decision like this, so the ghoul mimicked his monotone look. "I'll be joining the suicide charge." She declared.

The captains stoic face instantly faltered. "No, we need you to get out of this alive." He ordered.

"You mean, you need me out of this alive?" She quirked a brow. "I'm capable of surviving the charge, I might get injured but I can just deal with it as usual. I can bring out the distraction as long as necessary."

"You're guarding the horses, don't even think about defying my orders." Levi countered.

"No ones going to be riding the horses. They're deaths are going to be instantaneous and inevitable. Where as I can give you the time and opportunity to launch your attack, please, just let me do this." The ghoul begged, trying her hardest to convince Levi.

"Fine, but you better not get yourself killed." He reluctantly agreed.

"Alright, let's devote our lives to the cause." Erwin stood, gathering everyone's attention. "I'm about to announce our final mission, all troops line up! We're going to run a calvary charge, rushing the beast titan directly. Clearly, this will make us ideal targets for him. We will wait until the moment he's ready to throw, fire our smoke signals together and somewhat reduce his accuracy. While we distract the beast titan, Captain Levi will position to dispatch it. Does anyone have questions." Erwin announced, the information was obviously too much for the recruits because their eyes were darting around the group to try and determine if what they heard was true.

One of the recruits fell to the floor, vomiting the meal that she had been blessed with the previous night. "There's no point standing around, we'll only be showered by boulders. Ready your horses on the dot." Erwin instructed.