Chapter 2

Pain is an uncomfortable feeling that tells you something may be wrong. It can be steady, throbbing, stabbing, pinching or described in many other ways. Sometimes, it's just a nuisance, like a mild headache. Other times it can be debilitating.

Dosha's came with all; she was physically and mentally beaten.

"You are nothing to me but a huge burden."

"You were born worthless and you will die worthless."

"I wished you were never born."

"A curse, that is what you are."

"Get out from our lives."

She kept groaning in agony, rolling over and over with her eyes closed. Beads of sweat trailed down her forehead to her jaw. She looked wretched as she clutched her chest, gasping for air.

Rising up instantly from her nightmare, a shriek escaped her mouth with a sudden need to throw up. She clenched her teeth to avoid throwing on the grass bed. Rashid was there in no time to help, leading her outside the hut.

Immediately she stepped feet outside, she threw up all the content in her stomach and it went on for five solid minutes.

"It's okay, you'll be fine." Rashid soothed from behind her. He handed her water to wash her mouth, squatting beside her to clean up the mess by covering it with sand.

She wanted protesting but, she couldn't find the strength to. She was completely weak and couldn't even stand on her own as her leg felt like jelly.

Managing to push herself up, the world spun before her as she tried to find her bearing but just as she was to fall; he caught her, leading her to a grass mat.

"Sorry." He placated again.

"For what?" She asked looking directly at him. She hated what she saw in his eyes, pity. It was something she couldn't condone.

"You threw up because of what you ate yesterday."

"It is not because of what I ate yesterday. I always react like this when I have a bad dream so please do not feel pity for me." She replied feeling the sting in her chest again.

He sighed, stood up and headed back of the hut, leaving her with her own thoughts.

Her chest stung again, more painful than other times. Her body ached, she was very weak and fragile that even a slight wind could blow her off. She gulped loudly to suppress all of her in.

Rashid emerged back from the hut, holding oranges. He saw the irritated look on her face and frowned worriedly.

"Meya faru? (What happened?)" He asked setting the fruits beside her.

"Baki na tsami tsami (My mouth taste sour)." She answered spitting.

"Have some of this, it would improve your taste buds." He peeled the back of an orange handing it to her.

She gladly collected it with a hum as a quick smile flashed through her face, one he would have missed it if he wasn't looking. She felt her appetite return as she ate the fruit, her sight become clear enough.

"Are you okay now?" He handed her more water.

"Yes I am, just a light headache." She burped lightly, letting her head fall in embarrassment.

"Kin sha maganin (You have drank the medicine.)" He replied beaming.

"What!?"

"I added some herbs into the water you drank, it'd aid you in restoring your strength." He stood up grabbing a cutlass from the bamboo roofing, sharpening it on a big whetstone.