Part 8

Heyyy guyss!

So I've finally decided that this book will have 12-15 chapters in total! This one being the 8th one.

I hope it's not too stretchy and  the story is keeping you gripped.

If y'all have any suggestions too lemme know!
For example, I got the suggestion of showing Sammy and Vi moments from a reader which I'll include more of in future.
Also Ro Vami if y'all want obviously.

Also... Nayaaa update!!

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

Recap-

Ro- Thankyou Kohli, really thankyou.
He said gratefully and mannerfully but it just didn't sit well with Virat.

Thanking each other for things was something they'd left behind long long back.

What followed later as they were both busy in their own thoughts was awkward silence.

No one even thought that there could be silence between these two.
That they could be in one room and not talk or fight.

Virat just went forward to sit on his bed. He pulled out a bottle of his expensive whiskey and poured one to himself.
_____

Rohit saw all of that from his peripheral vision, he remembered Anushka telling him about Virat starting to drink again but was it a frequent occasion? Because these things don't take too long to accelerate.

It irked him to say something or stop him. Sure one or two glasses of alcohol wouldn't harm him but he had a sportsman's body and so was his diet, alcohol did not fit in and the detox he has had for years could go in vain.

Rohit just sat silently watching him gulp down his first glass.

He sighed thinking it was finally done when he saw him ready to pour another one.

Rohit gave him a sharp look he knew Virat would notice even if he was sleeping.

Vi- What? I didn't offer because I thought you didn't drink!
He said as a reply to that look.

Ro- And I thought you didn't drink too.

Vi- Yeah I didn't but this is one of the occurance of those recent years you did not know me, you know.
He said sarcastically.

He expected Rohit to clap back as a response and a fight to raise up but that didn't happen, Rohit reactly very calmly and surprisingly warm.

Ro- Why are you drinking so much?

Vi- Life happened. I fucked up.
He didn't have it in him to reply sarcastically or rudely to that tone so he just said it honestly. 

Ro- And drinking solves that?
He finally turned to face him.

Vi- Well it helps.
He shrugged inanimate as he turned back to continue pouring his second.

He felt the glass snatched from his hand and it obviously had to be the only other person in the room.
Ro- That's enough.
He declared.

Vi- No! I can do what I want!

Ro- Virat! I said that is enough and that's it. Don't spoil years of effort you've put in for your lifestyle for two hours of high.

Virat's face broke into a smile immediately, a secret smile but a big one.

And why would he not? He had heard Rohit call him Virat for the first time in years! 

Vi- Okay, I'll stop. But you will have to do one thing.

Ro- What?
He said immediately.

Vi- Get up.
He said while he himself got up.