Part 2

Heyyyy guysss!! Naya update!!✨

My pretty new book cover!😭❤️

It's by proudintrovertgurl  !! I absolutely love it!

Also, I just wanna say that I've written this literally at 2am so there ought to be some mistakes here and there so please bare with me.

I hope you'll like it🤞🏻

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

Virat finally was about to shut off the tv when his most cherished memory appeared on the screen.

It was one memory which would make him smile each time and now left him with teary eyes, talk about time nad perspective.

The 2023WC, it was their dream, mostly Rohit's but his too, their joint dream to win the world Cup together.

*Flashback*

Virat and Rohit had both suffered from poor forms the prior year but that year during ipl, they had knocked it out of the park.

Virat finally had his form back but the only thing that held him back was his search for a century.

He had brilliant average and even great scores but the triple digit just didn't reach him.

It was the 2023 wc final against NZ, there were several people who had already lost hope and we're ready to face another 2019WC semi finale moment.

India lost its first wicket with just 23 runs on board, talk about luck!

It was Rohit and Virat on strike, it was now or never, the chances of India lifting the wc after 12 years was in their hands.

They unleashed a fiery attack on the Kiwis, Rohit's innings that day was literally molten lava.

Virat played defensive letting Rohit go on and once Rohit accelerated his innings from 50, Virat let his bat answer all the trolls why he was the king.

Rohit crossed 100 as expected making the nation breath in proud but as we all know, it wasn't some other batsman. He was Rohit Sharma, he went on to accelerate even higher, the nation saw a double century coming from far.

Rohit was on 165 now while Virat reached 98.

With Virat on the crease Rohit anxiously waited to see his century, his much awaited 71st century.

Virat hit a cover drive and they both ran immediately, after running for two runs, Rohit stopped but failed to see Virat run for another run.

Rohit knew if he ran now he'd lose a wicket but he did, he ran for that run which Virat safely completed but he did not.

Rohit was run out for 165.

The audience didn't know whether to celebrate or not.

There was a moment of silence before they saw Rohit run towards Virat to hug him tight.