Chapter 1: Agendas

The air was cold and bitter, exactly the way Nyx hated it.

Her translucent black jacket hood waved gently in the wind, but Nyx's eyes remained fixated on the building across from her. It was a history museum. Inside of it, a 900 year old sword from the Crusades sat on display, covered in barnacles from centuries underwater.

As if that interested her in any way, whatsoever.

A blue light started flashing and Nyx stood, pulling her mask over the bottom half of her face. Quickly, Nyx grabbed the fire escape ladder and slid down, her waterproof boots hitting the concrete below silently.

Nyx extended her senses to her surroundings and felt a well of water beneath the street. Taking the path of least resistance, a fire hydrant nearby exploded, water shooting up into the night air.

Following the subtle flick of her wrist, the water rushed to the side, throwing the museum doors open. Her eyes darted over the dark room as she stepped inside.

Two night shift guards ran toward her, their guns raised fearfully. Nyx's water swirled in the air peacefully next to her.

"Put your hands up!" one of them yelled.

Nyx jumped to the side, her water slamming the guards' backs. Two bullets shot through the broken doorway behind her and Nyx sped up, making a beeline for the crusades exhibit.

The sword sat on a pedestal and Nyx stepped right up to it, pulling the sword from it's place and turning around.

"Put the sword down."

Her eyes glanced over a group of young heroes before her. Robin, Artemis, Kid Flash, and Superboy. Finally, her eyes landed on the one who had spoken to her. Aqualad.

Heroes. Bothersome pests.

They were also heroes who were missing a particular member who had the ability to turn invisible.

Nyx flexed her wrist and the water she had left in the main hall suddenly rushed in. An arrow and batarang flew at her, but Nyx easily dodged.

Someone grabbed her hood and yanked it back, so Nyx pushed the water onto the martian, making her yelp before crashing into the wall.

The room erupted in chaos as Nyx's water swirled through the air like a hurricane, throwing the heroes this way and that.

Superboy and Aqualad seemed to be the only ones immune to her antics, although the latter was having some difficulties.

Superboy launched himself at Nyx and she let the water pull her away from him and he crashed through the wall. Before she realized what was going on, Nyx's support system moved away, condensing around Aqualad's water bearers.

She eyed the water sword before looking back at him.

"Return the relic and stand down!" he ordered.

Nyx did not reply, instead opting to flick her wrist again. The water came to her, pulling the bearers and the hero with it.

She attempted to punch him, but Aqualad dodged, kicking at her knees. Nyx jumped over his offensive and thrust the water bearers back at him. Aqualad went flying back and crashed into the far wall.

Nyx turned around just in time to see Superboy charging her. She tried to duck, but the hero grabbed her hood and landed a punch to her stomach.

Nyx slammed into the hallway wall before rolling to the side. She refocused the water in the room and thrust all of it at the Kryptonian.

He grunted and went careening into Artemis, who was just standing up.

Then Nyx turned around and disappeared into the night.