Chapter 16

Happy Holi, Kittens!!!!
Holi is celebrated all over India. I wish you all have bright and vibrant colours to celebrate in life. Also, don't forget the murky, dark, dull ones. They are the ones that make us stronger.
With that said binge the chapter!!!
**********************************************************************

Liliana

The city glimmers in the night.

A stark contrast with the dark, gloomy desert imprisoning it. 

From this pinnacle, up from the sky, the ground resembles a mirrored fragment of the universe.  A gazillion of stars has landed - shimmering, sparkling, glowing compelling the city a thousand feet below ablaze. It resembles a massive constellation on earth. A fireball perhaps, hot and bright and alive.
The soft glint of the lights drifts in the murky night a halo of some kind encompassing over the city - a whisper of a protective blanket.

I'm in awe at the sheer beauty, the land below exudes.
It's mesmerizing, fascinating, enthralling. I squint my eyes to have a better look as if I'm deciphering a slide and its contents beneath the microscope. Without realisation, I reach for my phone inside the clutch snapping two pictures from the small window of the private jet of the city of sins.
My new home.
Las Vegas.

A shudder of breath leaves me and I swallow.

I'm far away from home. In a different city, in a different country, on a different continent, besieged by the different ocean. Hell, I'm thousands of miles away from home.

But that doesn't palliate the bile rising. Ever since I set my foot on the private jet I've been throwing up. Thanks to the flight attendant who gave me some meds to ease up the stomach. Still, being in the air for such a long time, the horrendous nauseous feeling hits me back. I swallow the damn thing taking a sip of fresh lemonade the flight attendant made, now a fourth glass or the fifth; which truly helped with the queasiness.

With a suppressed groan I ponder on how much more time left to land. As if hearing my thoughts, the pilot's voice reverberates through the speakers conveying instructions to fasten the belt.
The flight attendant comes to my aid, a concerned look marring her face asking if I need help to which I kindly refuse and she returns to her post. I fasten myself turning my head towards the window concentrating on the world below.

After what seemed like an eternity the jet kisses the ground and I'm greeted by the sight of a dozen of brooding bodyguards already waiting for me. Their stance rigid, surrounding the SUV's, scanning the grounds of the private airport. 

"You shall rest, ma'am," the flight attendant says politely helping with my two big luggage suitcases which appear to be heavy for her petite weight. I reach out for aiding her and before I could grasp the handle of one trolley a massive hand enclasps the handle of both lifting them effortlessly. Stupidified in surprise we both stare at the man in the onyx suit. 

I glimpse over at the nameplate safely secured on her breast noticing a pinkish hue tinted on her cheeks.

"Thank you, Natasha, and sorry for all the trouble." I smile feeling grateful and apologetic at the same time.
She shakes her head mumbling it's her duty and climb back the stairs of the jet.

"Welcome to Vegas, Mrs Marcello," the guy in a black hoodie and charcoal jeans ripped near his knees steps forward as he pushes his transparent rim glasses on the bridge of his nose, his one tattooed hand holding a large packet of potato chips.
He is tall and lean.
He seems cute.
Kind.
Almost polite with his all college kid kinda vibe.
But there's an edge at all the cuteness.