Chapter 19

Liliana

My legs wobble as I stumble into my room.

I ran into the bathroom to get rid of the 'incident'. Once I'm inside the bathroom I close and lock the door.
My hands tremble.
My whole body is shaking.
My reflection gets caged in the mirror hanging in front of me.
I can't recognize the person reflecting. I choose not to.

Tears have dried on my cheeks leaving a trail of ugly stains. My lips are swollen. My face looks pale resembling death. I look broken just like Dominic painted. As he wanted. But he doesn't know what it means to break. To lose a part of yourself.
Maybe he does because of Amara.
Yet, he doesn't know the darkness that resides deep inside me. Locked away in my treacherous heart.

I look at myself. My eyes have lost their light. Yet, there's this glint.
A faint haunting twinkle.
It hums in my veins singing a melody.

I ignore it.
Stripping out of the nightgown I  step under the shower. I wasn't supposed to stay awake this late. But I did since Silverbell was difficult to maintain. She was jumping everywhere. When I saw her I immediately took her in my arms. I couldn't resist to throw her away. So, I brought her back to the villa.

Once I wash myself I go to bed. Dominic did say King won't hurt Silverbell. He didn't seem to lie. Besides I trust dogs more than Dominic. I might have feared when King grabbed Silverbell but his eyes were soft for the beast. He wouldn't harm her; with that belief, I drift off into slumber as a yawn escapes from me.

I wake up to the cries of a little kitten. Uh. I want to sleep more. Then I remember about last night.
Silverbell and Dominic.
Abruptly I sit in bed facing the tiny feline on my bed.

"Aww you poor thing, did King hurt you?" Concern rakes over me as I pick up Silverbell and look for injuries. She meows gazing up at me with her big round forest-green eyes.
"Hmm, you might be hungry." At that, she meows again.
"Alright, you little one let's fill this tummy with some yummy food." I rub her belly and she delightfully purs. I open the bag of cat food I bought from the store and empty some in her bowl. 
"There you go."
I let her down and the little thing feast her way out spilling some on the ground.
I refill her bowl of water.

"Aaccchhooo."

I yelp.

Turning back I see Victoria rubbing her nose. She's clad in a black crop top and light blue denim shorts. A leather jacket is dangling on her shoulders. She's wearing white sneakers.
"You scared me." I scolded her.
"Is that a cat?" She points an accusing finger towards Silverbell, who now is licking her paw cutely.
I sigh over Victoria's reaction.
"Does everyone in this house hate cats?"
"No. At least not me. Sorry if it sounded offensive. I love them, but sadly I'm allergic to them." She shrugs then makes her way towards my bed and plops; her newly styled soft wavy hair bouncing.
"Should I get her out?"
"No. That's alright. It's not that serious. But, why are you not ready yet?" She questions me sizing me up and down.
I watch her dumbfounded.

"Don't tell me you didn't check your phone. I texted you!!"
What is she talking about?
I walk over to the bed and retrieve the cell phone from under the pillow. Shit. She did message.
I smile at her sheepishly.
"We are going shopping?"
"You get an hour, no make that 30 minutes to get your ass out of here."
"Yes, ma'am". I salute her and rush to freshen up.
"You better hurry, Liliana." She sounds angry. But I know she's not.
Victoria is punctual.
Always.
She hates being late regardless she'll wait.

It takes me forty-five minutes to get ready. The first dress I chose was a high-neck pink lace dress that came just above my knees Victoria scrunched her nose as if she was disgusted by my appearance. To say the least, I was looking modest.