Chapter 28

Hello, my kittens,
How are you guys doing?
I hope you are doing well.
Here, I am with another chapter.
I think you all have waited for a long time for this chapter and here it is.

Phew, even I wanted to write it and at last, it's here!!!!!!!

***************************************

Dominic

I climb two steps at a time yet my destination seems far away. The distance between us appears long. I tug on my bow tie releasing the top two buttons as it's difficult to breathe.

My mind assumes hundreds of scenarios. It goes back to the part where one of the soldiers called me.

"There's blood in the backseat," he had said.

"You saw Kai." I couldn't find the sense in his justification.
"Wasn't it obvious? He was shot."

"Yes, boss. However, blood stains have dried where Mrs. Marcello was sitting." He points at the SUV.

The moment I hear those words my heart sinks in my stomach. I don't wait I sprint in her room's direction.

I don't know if I'm slow or if tonight's ambush has made me exhausted I can't reach her. I increase my pace rushing towards her room.

Grabbing the doorknob I twist it pushing the door to open. My eyes scan the darkness in the room for her but instead, I sense the furball. She's crying continuously sauntering back and forth near the bed. Upon seeing me she scurries towards me.

"She'll be alright," I whisper to her.

My feet move on their own accord. The bathroom door is slightly ajar I see the faint light escaping. I hear the tap on. I approach the door and freeze in place unable to move as I unfold the scene in front of me.

There she stands leaning on the counter washing the blood from her back. The zip of her dress is open her back visible to me for the first time. Her hand can't reach her back yet somehow she splashes the water on the cut wincing every time. It's not the blood from the fresh wound that has me paralyzed but the old ones.
Tortured ones.
Terrifying ones.
What did she go through?

No wonder the society called her the 'Nun'.
She was like a fucking nun.

Always wearing clothes that covered her back. Backless, strapless wasn't in her wardrobe. But now as she peeled the clothing off from her back to reveal the nasty burned skin and the gnash I see the reason behind her wardrobe.

My hand fists in anger. I see red. I want to hurt the ones who laid their sinful hands on her. I want to torture them the same way they did to her. And I've no clue as to who would have damaged her.

Sucking in deep breath I enter the bathroom. She's startled by my abrupt presence.

She's a mess. Her hair is all over the place. Her mascara is smudged leaving black debris on her cheeks. Lipstick smudged.
Her eyes are wide, frightened and wild. She's terrified.
Yet, I don't glimpse tears in her big brown orbs.

"Dominic," my name is a whisper on her trembling lips.

She quickly composes herself closing the zip which comes in her midway and turns around. Her whole body is trembling. She grips the counter, her knuckles turning ghostly white.

"Get out." She grits out.
Her demeanour changes like a chameleon adapting to its surroundings.

"There she is. Cold and Heartless. But all pretence." My voice intensifies and I step forward looking into her wild eyes.
I see the reflection of her skin in the mirror however I focus on her eyes.
She wants to hide.
Run.
Escape.
I see right through her.