Chapter 3

A week later,

In the morning, new academic year started for all the schools and similarly today was first day of yr for Nandini as well and she got ready in her new baby pink shiffon saree with half sleeves matching blouse.

Day started with high spirits of students and teachers of English Medium School of Jeevan Institution, for brighter future of school and its students.

As soon as lunch break bell rang after 4 lectures of a day, all the students and teachers moved out of their respective class with tiffin boxes in hand. Varsha and Nandini too met each other on their way to staff room.

"What happened to ur neck?" Varsha asked this as soon as she got some free time with Nandini. Though she saw the bandage in the morning during assembly but she couldn't ask at that time.

"Glass of broken window pierced through my skin when I was trying to open the window" she lied conveniently to her colleague.

"U should have been careful ...... Well is wound too deep?" She asked in concern.

"No but doctor suggested to keep neck area open for few days ...... That's why I'm not wearing nuptial chain too ..... As it will cause irritation" she added the main part in her lie so that it can cover up for her in next few days until she gets new nuptial chain from her husband.

The fake one which she bought last week it angered her husband not because he sold her original chain but because he thought she is making fun of his inability by wearing a fake chain. So on very next day he harshly snatched it from her neck that it really caused her injury. Wound is not that deep but she covered it with bandage as she don't have substitute for nuptial chain nor any reason will help her situation.

"Too bad ..... Don't worry it will be fine ..... Ur husband might have been so worried, right?" she asked curiously nd Nandini nodded indifferently. He has created the certain image in front her co workers that he loves her so much nd one scratch on her makes him worried for a day and they all believes him just like she believed his fake promises nd blank words 4 yrs back when she fell in love with him or when he made her fall in love with him.

She nodded but in reality he didn't bother about her nd left the house without any explanation but she guessed the reason. She knows whenever he feels guilty or incapable he vents out his frustration on her because she is his rightful wife nd helpless person in front of him. On top of that he doesn't feel he did anything wrong, in fact he thinks wives are made to bear husband's wrath.

She always hated this male dominating society but never did something against it though her father was a sexist and dominating man but he never raised his hand on her mother nor he abused her physically or verbally. He never respected her mother but he didn't disrespect her either. Nandini grew older in same environment so she never did anything to change that because life was fine till then and later on she believed that the person she love is already imperfectly perfect man.  Real life can never be as dreamy as stories to have flawlessly perfect man, even such concept seemed like a myth so she assumed whatever she had was best.

She always ignored all the red flags in the relationship as she was under the impression of love and she always made a excuse that love should accept the person the way he is, love demands the complete submission and nothing can limit its intensity so everything is fair in love then no matter if ur partner is a ugly human, both inside nd out.  In the delusion of her perfect love story she never realised that she never deserved this type of man nor she desired but eventually she was destroyed in the hands of love nd she is the one to be blame. Not even her husband because there were always faults in his character which she ignored nd some of them were covered by him in the beginning as he too behaved his best under the impression of new found love.