Chapter 1

In Mumbai,

"Here is the breaking news of this hour ..... Yet again for second time in a month Mr Manik Malhotra has been linked up with the drugs. Yes u heard it right .... As per some strong sources there were some predictions regarding the secret drug supply at Bombay Adda, one of the famous club of Mumbai." Again for the second time this news with more spice repeated in the Kamat house. Nd watching this Sumit instantly moved from his chair to follow same plan like before in a hope of getting lucky for second time.

"Stop nd don't go this time too?" A woman of a height 5'2 inches, shouted repulsive-ly and came out of kitchen to stop her half-witted and highly arrogant husband.

Hearing her authoritative command his eyes flickered with anger making him look more cheaper for having attitude which doesn't suit his skinny body with zero maintenance, nd negligible respect in society.

"U don't get to order me like that ...... And ur words have no importance ...... So move" he said angrily but it didn't scare her a bit. He always thinks of himself as mafia of movie who's only voice is enough to intimidate anyone but she finds him highly disgusting.

"Stop with ur cheap thrills  ..... Be a man and do something to fulfill ur responsibilities for ur family" she spat the venom. Because she is clearly annoyed with the man who does nothing for their survival but also steals hers money who is the only working person in their family of three people.

"And to give the light to subtle predictions, Mumbai police are once again in action to catch the drug mafia. But will they be successful or will return empty like every other time?. Will they be able to find the face of the criminal, to give image to a fear of millions of people.?" Again the words of reporter resonated in their apartment of one room kitchen.

"U earn that doesn't make u superior ...... Always remember ur place, u r just a dust of my feet" he opened his filthy mouth.

"And any insect is more useful than ungrateful man like u ...... Who lives on other's mercy or flith" she said venomously and it triggered his cheap manly ego and he slapped her with force that the silver ring on his skinny finger left a dark red patch on her white chubby cheek.

"We heard some progress in the operation ...... Police have entered the club nd also found some suspicious videos..... But still there's no sign of cocaine or heroin". News was still going on in the background which Sumit heard half attentively.

"Sumittt ...... Enough" his mother dared to raise her voice on her son, she just entered with sorted Fenugreek leaves in her hands and watched not so unfamiliar scene for nth time. Giving death glare to his mother which made her shut, he left the house.

Tears prickled down from Nandini's eyes at humiliation and also because of the extreme pain she felt on her cheek. It's not first time still it pains same as first time. And at such every moment in her life she curses herself for choosing this fate over protective shield of her orthodox but caring parents.

"Now this situation is turning into a war zone ...... Cameraman of our channel has captured the most thrilling snap of man getting injured with a blade in back ...... He couldn't get to capture the face but according to sources injured man surely was a Manik Malhotra who just escaped after shooting the officer dead who dared to harm him ...... Without turning to face officer he did the cruel act efficiently nd ran away" absent mind-ly Nandini watched the news.

"Nandini" she heard voice of her mother in law, filled with little guilt. She waited without a word but didn't get to see or hear any word of comfort or act of condolence. But knowing that she is as spineless as her, she had lost her hopes way earlier. And she can't blame her either at the end she is mother who loves her child nd even she did loved him, only to regret later in life. She sighed and went out of the house.