Arthur being an idiot and trying to avoid Merlin

Merlin didn't know what was going on with Arthur. He avoided him since coming back and each time when he tried to get to the man, he turns the other way around quickly. This was confusing him and even more was the slight pink hue that overcomes at times Arthur.

It was puzzling and Merlin hoped that his friend/crush/soulmate was not going to get sick. But knowing their luck, he could just hope that it was nothing too bad. Merlin also hoped that Arthur was not avoiding him because of his magic, which made no sense after all the prat had told him that everything was just good between them.

But now he was avoiding him and it worried him and also saddened Merlin. Arthur was the only person that he knew at this age, others he avoided like the plague knowing that he would die. Even worse was the thought of losing Arthur once more to an illness.

A sigh overcome him and he glanced at the door that Arthur resided in. Should he try and knock in the hope that Arthur would stop ignoring him or should he just wait for the man to come himself? Merlin was uncertain about this and this alone made his heart ache. God, he was not sure that he could handle being alone once more.

Either way, Merlin knew that he would need to do something again, or else this could lead to some heartache. Life was too short for any regrets for those that die and it was why he was contemplating a way to make Arthur pay attention to him, instead of avoiding him.

Then the door opened and he knew what he had to do. With resolve, he yells on top of his lunges.

"Arthur bloody pendragon, stop avoiding me!"

The man in turn winced and yet even as he yelled he did not look at him at all. This was the last straw for him. Why could the once king look at him?

"Are you ever going to look at me at all?" He choked out, feeling miserable being ignored by the one person he desperately needed.

This made Arthur flinch and slowly looking him. The expression was blank and yet he could see the blush adorning on the man's cheek.

"I already see you every time I close my eyes. Please don't force me to look at you."

His body froze not having expected this and staring widely at Arthur. Could this mean what he assumed he meant? He was not sure how to answer to this and the fact that Arthur said that he was seeing him even when his eyes closed made him blush.

"Wha-what?" He could not help but blurt out in pure confusion yet hope that Arthur was going to stop being a git finally.

"Okay, look I just- You know how bad I am with my feelings idiot don't make me say them out loud."

He stared wider at the blush that started to get deeper. That was enough for him to know what this meant, which was why he stormed over and hugged him.

"Ca-Can I kis-kiss you?" He stuttered and Arthur answered without words giving him a sweet yet short kiss on his lips. His heart was thundering in his chest and he felt over the moon to finally have his love to receive. A thing that he doubted and even better was that his prat was hugging him back. A big grin overcame him and he tightened the hug.

"Does this answer your question, dumbass?" He chuckled at this and kissed him back. After the kiss was over, the two ended up cuddling on the couch and he found out that Arthur avoided him because of him being unable to even look in the direction without blushing furiously and he found it adorable.