𝐮𝐧𝐨

◌ ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌

And then my soul saw you

❝ And then my soul saw you ❞

・❥・

"Just come work at Loris. It'll be so fun to work together!"

Daina and Noa had been trying to persuade me to work at Loris Enterprises with them since they started at the billion-dollar company.

And honestly, with my situation, I'm starting to consider it. But I don't want to be stuck at a job in some building with a bunch of stuck up people, sitting at a cubicle all day, trying to move up ranks like everyone else.

I've been doing that since I got out of college and it's getting tiring. But it really would pay a lot. And I damn sure need the cash.

"Fine," I mumbled and they cheered, "I'll fill out this application tonight and give it back in the morning."

"Yay! I'm so excited." Daina squealed and I roll my eyes. I grab the bottle of Moscato sitting on the antique white marble coffee table with golden legs to support it, along with a single glass. I start moving to my room with said application tucked under my arm.

When Daina came home to our shared apartment, Noa included, with the table, I had my doubts. Mainly because she found it in some old hippie family owned business down the road and well, let's just say the owner had some issues.

I wasn't exactly all for Daina's decorating ideas but after a while it began to grow on me and I'd started to like a damn table. It's not like there was anything wrong with it, I just had my concerns at first. I honestly thought the legs would snap in half if I put the smallest pen on top.

As I approached my room, my phone began to ring. Letting out a deep sigh, I put the packet, wine, and glass down on my desk in the corner of the room before taking out my phone.

Staring at the caller ID, I contemplated answering the phone as the familiar ringtone rung out it's speaker. Letting out a jagged breath, I answered putting the phone to my ear.

"Hey babydoll," He said, slurring his speak as he dragged out his words.

Fighting tears at all the memories his voice alone brought, I closed my eyes briefly. His dull ocean blue eyes and the smell of alcohol that swirled throughout his constant presence.
The glass.
The blood.
Every fucking thing was as vivid as that first day and every one after it.

I pulled the phone away from me as if it held some type of disease.

And hung up...