Introduction and Prologue

Hello! Just a quick disclaimer - I do not own any of this except for a few characters. The storyline and most characters belong to Rick Riordan.

Oh and I'm gonna add a few diff things that children of Hermes can do, and I'ma make this mostly modern cuz I'm a young bean who doesn't know much about life before around 2015

Book cover by ihatemydamlife_ . Please check 'em out.

Any corrections would be appreciated, btw. Also plz keep things pg (You know who you are, person who DEF won't keep things pg), tho I probs won't follow that rule or enforce it at all

Also, if you are reading this on anything that isn't Wattpad, it is stolen.

ANYways, are y'all ready to dive into the life of Amber? Cuz I sure as Hades am not.

---

"Utopia. An imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect." Luke looked at his ten-year-old sister, Amber. She had asked him to teach her new words, since she loved learning, and, even though he had dyslexia, he was happy to oblige. "One day, I'll make this world a utopia for you and me. We can make sure there are no wars, no starvation, no homelessness. There can be a library with computers that have audiobooks at every corner!"

"That sounds perfect," Amber smiled up at him, and snuggled even closer into his side. He put an arm around her.

"Mom could be fixed," he murmured quietly. "D'you think that'd be nice, Gina?"

Amber shrugged slightly. "I don't know," she said, her usually soft voice even quieter than usual. "Maybe that would, but...you know."

Luke did know. And it angered him so much. Every child should have two caring, compassionate, not-mentally-insane parents. Him and Amber didn't even have one.

"By the way," his sister continued tentatively, "I really like the nickname Gina. It's very clever."

She was changing the subject, Luke could tell. But he was okay with that.

"I like it too," he told her. "Y'know, Amber Regina Inglese Castellan."

Amber nodded in agreement. "That utopia thing...it sounds nice, though. As long as you don't have to try to take over the world or the gods or anything like that to acheive it," she giggled slightly.

"Of course not," he agreed, smiling at her again. "Now, c'mon, Gina. I bet you can win against Annabeth in Harry Potter Trivia again."

"Maybe," Amber tilted her head in thought. "I can try, at least."

"Yep!" Luke grabbed her hand and yanked her up, laughing. "Now, let's go."