Her mind racing, Jennie obeyed, cutting off Matt's confused tinny voice before he cottoned on that something was very very wrong.

Jinyoung gestured with his gun. "Now put the phone on the counter." 

Hiding her trembling to the best of her ability, Jennie accidentally knocked over the container of diced mangoes, which splattered to the floor as she blindly put the phone down; her eyes were glued to Jinyoung's every move.

"What's going on?" Jennie said, trying hard not to focus on Jisoo's lifeless body behind him even as her heart thundered away in her chest. She swallowed dryly. "You...you killed...."

"They're asleep, don't worry." Jinyoung replied as he stepped forward, his keen gaze never wavering. 

Behind him, hulking shadows separated from the darkness beyond the open door and poured into the room. Jennie was stricken to see them pick up Jisoo and Ella and carry them out, silent and swift as they had appeared. Dalgom, they picked him up and disappeared into the bathroom before emerging back empty-handed and following after their shadowy companions.

"Why?" Jennie rasped, still held at gun-point. "What are you doing? What the hell is going on? Where are you taking them?"

"So many questions. Let's just say, plans are finally moving ahead, Jennie. And lucky you, you're getting front-row seats, if you care to join us of course." Jinyoung tipped his cap. "I came to personally invite you. I'd recommend to bring your sister as well. And her girlfriend. That rounds out the set nicely."

"Where are you taking Jisoo and Ella?" Jennie demanded.

"Watch that tone," Jinyoung said amiably, "or else I can't guarantee I'll go easy on your girlfriend. If you don't wish her harm, you'll do as I say."

"My girl—how do you—you're crazy," Jennie said, fear settling in the pit of her stomach like a cold hard stone that grew and grew, filling her with dread. Her hands were clammy at her side. She wondered how much longer till Rosé and Lisa come back. "Whatever it is that you want from me, we can talk it out. Leave Jisoo and Ella out of this."

"Oh I wish I could," Jinyoung said ruefully, "but you have something of mine that I'm sure you  wouldn't give up easily if I asked. So I'm left with no options."

"What about Ella, you psycho?" Jennie said, fury lending her boldness to even step up to Jinyoung. "She's innocent. She's not involved in this mess. She's a kid for god's sake!"

"Ah that one is a special request from a friend of mine. Seems like he has unfinished business with Rosé. You see, he has something he wants from her too. Something that she didn't give him. So who am I to not indulge a friend in his vengeance plans?"

"So you kidnap people?!"

Jinyoung smirked. "I find it always works wonderfully as an incentive."

"Please, I'll do anything," Jennie burst out, distress making her fling her pride to the wind. "Just, don't hurt Jisoo and Ella. They're innocent. Take me instead."

"Why don't you try begging?" he suggested, his lips curling in a sneer. The gun was still aimed squarely at her chest.

Swallowing the bitter bile in her throat, Jennie slow dropped to her knees and clasped her hands together, not even caring about humiliating herself in front of the heartless brute. If it would bring Jisoo back, she'd do anything.

"Take me. Please,"  she pleaded. "Don't hurt her. I know it's me you're after. So take me. Do it."

Jinyoung seemed to actually consider as he tilted his head. But the look of mirth in his eyes gave away his true intentions.