XXIII

Axel and Fable have been through many adventures together, from climbing the mountains over Ice Storm Village, stopping Caldrufini, exploring the depths of the Cauldron of the Witch, meeting Makki, and meeting a new friend, Leo. But their adventures didn't stop there. 

Fable let out a squeal of delight when she saw the results of her pregnancy test. "Hun! Come here! Now!"

"What is it, Fable?" Axel asked, poking his head into the bathroom. Fable grabbed Axel's arm and pulled him toward her. Axel's eyes landed on the pregnancy test; positive. Axel stared blankly at the test before squatting down and crying tears of joy. 

"Babe? What's wrong?" Fable inquired before squatting beside him. Fable rubbed Axel's back. "Babe?"

"I...I'm just..." Axel then looked up into Fable's eyes. "I'm so happy right now..." Axel stood up and opened his arms. "Babe...I love you." Fable stood up, smiled as wide as the milky way, and crashed into Axel's arms, holding him tightly. 

But that was months ago.

Today, seven months later, was a very special day in any White Dove's life; marriage. Axel sat in the dressing room of the old Ice Storm Church and took a deep breath; he was nervous, as he knew he had one shot at this. Leo sat beside Axel and put a hand on his shoulder. 

"Axel, you got this, my man," Leo said, reassuring Axel that everything was going to go smoothly. Axel looked at Leo and grinned. 

"Thank you. I don't know what I would do without you sometimes."

"You know, they used to call me the womanizer. I know my way into a woman's heart," Leo stated. "You, my friend, are going to have one very happy lady. That's for sure."

Axel stood up and looked at himself in the mirror. Axel was dressed in a black suit with ruby buttons running down the front. He had a red bowtie, red cufflinks, and a rose pinned to his left collar. Axel quickly swept his hair back with gel, then winked at himself in the mirror. "Damn, do I look like a fine gentleman."

"That's the spirit, Axel! Now, get out there and make Fable the happiest White Dove in the Giant Realm!" Leo started to push Axel out of the door. 

"Wait! Leo! Hold on a moment!" Axel planted his feet, which prevented Leo from pushing him anymore. Axel turned his head to Leo. "I haven't been called yet!"

"Well, you can at least sit outside this cramped dressing room!" Leo replied, still trying to push Axel. Axel turned around and shoved Leo back. 

"Stay over there, alright!?" Axel snapped before sitting back down. "Just...please."

"Alright, alright! You win!" Leo surrendered. Leo folded his arms. "I'm not fighting you."

Meanwhile, on the other side of the spectrum, we have Fable and her hairdresser, who was a Huelf named Klaus. Klaus was just about to finish braiding Fable's hair. "Almost done....and finished!" Klaus gave Fable a mirror to look in. "Check it out!"

"That's really cute!" Fable said. "I can't wait until Axel sees this!" Fable got out of the chair and looked at herself in the mirror. Fable wore a white wedding gown complete with a long, white veil decorated with white feathers. Fable turned to the door and took a deep breath as she waited for her name to be called. 

"I call the groom, Axel, outside, please!" said the voice of a priest on the scene. Axel exited the dressing room and stood at the end of the aisle. Axel excitedly waited for Fable. "I call the bride, Fable, outside, please!"

An organ began to play, and Fable began to walk toward Axel, her bridal gown dragging behind her; her protruding baby bump defined her curves under the dress. Fable made eye contact with Axel and saw his face; he was awestruck. Axel's lips quivered before he spoke.