251-260

251. 

   Avoiding the crowd, the two of them finally had a familiar excitement in their eyes.

"Brother Bai, I haven't seen you for many years."

"Xiaojiang, I really didn't expect you to become a technical backbone. I remember that your ambition was to be a reporter back then, but I didn't expect you to go the way of a scientific researcher now."

Suddenly, there is a feeling that something is wrong.

"Our family's situation is similar to yours. My parents were also implicated. I, the reporters, must not be able to continue, so I was sent to the machinery factory below. This way."

Jiang Lei looked at Bai Qiangguo while talking about his own situation.

Bai Qiangguo has changed a lot from the Big Brother Bai he met at the beginning.

The handsome and weak scholar in the past has now become a tall, burly, sturdy steel tough guy.

Thinking that this might be his brother-in-law, this feeling made him talk to his lips and swallowed it again.

The letter written by Uncle Bai was returned, which proves that the communication here is inconvenient.

Especially this kind of thing, of course, it has to be discussed privately. If one gets excited and the two of them are overheard talking, I am afraid it will cause some unnecessary troubles.

"Brother Bai, how is your uncle and aunt now?"

"It's good, let's go, let's go home and take you to see my father, my mother, and my sister. I must be very happy to know that you are here."

Bai Qiangguo led the way. go ahead.

The more Jiang Lei walked behind him, the more he felt that the environment was not right.

Jiang Lei was a little dumbfounded when he saw the low bunker in front of him. He had never seen such a house before.

Can this be called a house? Why does it look like a pigpen or something?

And not as good as pigsty.

A pit about one meter deep is dug below the ground, with a square shape and an area of ​​two or three meters, and a low wall about half a meter is built around with adobe or bricks.

Put a few rafters on the top, and then build a raft made of branches, and then cover the top with grass and mud.

Seeing Jiang Lei's surprised eyes, Bai Qiangguo explained with a smile.

"It looks simple, but this nest is warm in winter and cool in summer. Of course, the ventilation is a bit poor."

Because of the size of the nest, they divided them into several nests to live next to their parents and sisters. Together, and their brothers have become home in the local area because of Bai Qiangguo and Bai Qiangmin.

So they have their own dens alone.

"Mom and dad, let's see who's here?"

Bai Qiangguo lifted the curtain of the ground floor, and Jiang Lei burrowed into it.

Sure enough, the light was not very good, the ventilation was not very good, and there was a strong musty smell in the room.

Because the light was not very good, after entering, Jiang Lei just stood there for a few seconds before getting used to the dim light inside.

When Father Bai and Mother Bai saw Jiang Lei, they were stunned and searched for this face from their memory.

Finally reuniting with the Jiang family's children, the old couple hurried forward.

He held Jiang Lei's hand tightly.

"Xiao Jiang, Jiang Lei, why are you here?" The

two hurriedly greeted him and sat down at the low table in the room.

Hearing the sound, Bai Xiaowei rushed out from behind the curtain inside. There was a curtain between the room where she lived with her parents.

A small bed was built against the wall in the back room, where she slept.

"Big Brother Jiang, Big Brother Jiang, why are you here?"

When she saw Jiang Lei, Bai Xiaowei's eyes suddenly blurred, so big brother Jiang must have come to see her.

Brother Jiang is still as kind and enthusiastic as when he was a child.

Still so tall and handsome, after seeing it, the heart thumped and kept beating.

"Xiaowei, I didn't expect you to be here too. I am the technician sent this time. I am responsible for the mechanical transformation of the farm here, and I will stay here for about half a year."

Jiang Lei said as he opened his bag . , take things from the inside out.

"Uncle Bai asked me to bring these things. Uncle Bai is very close to me. The two of us are about a hundred miles apart. He works in the Xishan Coal Mine. He heard that I was coming here

. I brought you a letter and some food."

"It's not easy to bring other things, so I picked some things you might need. This is soap, white sugar, brown sugar, and this is food stamps and money. , and some medicines that may be needed.

Cold medicine, anti-fever medicine, pain reliever. Food is inconvenient to carry. I will come with rations this time, and your farm will give our technicians a special monthly subsidy Then

I can give you my share of the subsidy."

Jiang Lei silently took out another small bag, which was prepared by Feng Huizhen.

In any case, these are the biological parents that Feng Huizhen has never met.

"I was asked to bring these things to you. Bacon sausages, dried sweet potatoes, as well as fungus and shiitake mushrooms. These are all mountain goods from the mountains, as well as these pine nuts and chestnuts."

Jiang Lei pushed the things to the couple.

As soon as the couple of the Bai family heard that it was brought by their brother, they hurriedly picked up the letter.

There has been no news of the third child for many years, and I don't know where the third child went. The brothers have gone their separate ways, and because of the inconvenience of transportation, the connection between them has been broken.

They didn't know the news of their parents and family members for a long time.

Seeing the familiar handwriting, the couple had tears in their eyes.

As soon as Bai Xiaowei heard the letter from the third uncle, she suddenly had a bad feeling.

Hastily stepped forward.

"Mom and dad, Big Brother Jiang finally came here once. Big Brother Jiang is gone in a while, let's read the letter again." The

couple suddenly realized.

Bai Pengfei shoved the letter into the pocket of his clothes.

"Look at how old we are, yes, yes, Xiaojiang finally came here once. We should have a good chat, yes! We can cook by ourselves today. Let's cook

something delicious today, good Entertain Xiao Jiang!"

"Brother Jiang, I'm going to cook."

Bai Xiaowei walked out shyly and timidly, the stove was placed outside the ground nest.

It was just set up and packed up today. After all, from today onwards, each family will have their own meals.

The food distributed by their family has also been distributed back.

Bai Xiaowei specially scooped out two big bowls of cornmeal.

Mix it up to make wowtou.

Just this time, in order to entertain Brother Jiang, they had some dry food.

Jiang Lei pushed things in front of them.

"Uncle, aunt, don't you ask who brought this thing to you?"

Jiang Lei pointed to another package.

The couple looked at it, "Didn't the third one ask you to bring it?" The couple didn't hear the main point of what they said just now. They thought these things were prepared by Jiang Lei and Bai Pengju.

"Uncle Bai prepared the white sugar, but the other one was prepared by someone else."

Jiang Lei hoped with anticipation to let the couple know that their biological daughter had been found.