23 || Here Comes a Thought

Start from the beginning

"I also noticed that you do not see yourself in a good light. Allow me to share what I see in you." Freddy adjusted his position to face you more, "Y/N, from the passing months I have known you, I know you are not any of the things you say you are. You think you are unintelligent but are you really? You mentioned that you were able to graduate from college and you managed to achieve scores high enough to be completely safe from any extra requirements you would need to raise your grade. Then you think you are untalented, but you are the opposite. I have seen you play Chica's guitar. I have been in the room with you when you played her instrument. I have also seen you bake some cakes and cook pizza for the guests. I know for a fact that you are an intelligent, talented, and not to mention attractive individual. I cannot change the way you see yourself, but I can at least let you know that not everyone sees you in such a bad way. The only thing you can do is be you, the person your friends love being around."

"..."

"..."

A pink hue dusted your cheeks as you smiled at him. You swallowed the saliva that had been building up in your throat and tried to say something else, but Freddy gently took one of your hands, encased it in his bigger ones, and spoke first.

"You are wonderful. Please do not look down on yourself, you have done so many outstanding things!" he praised you even more. Not once did he tell you to 'get over it' or 'it wasn't that bad' like the others would. Instead, he told you how well you were recovering or how amazing it is that you came so far.

"F-Freddy please stop..." You pushed his face away from you out of embarrassment. You didn't want to hear him say any more nice things about you or you might end up hugging or kissing him from being overwhelmed by happiness.

"Why?" He unintentionally had puppy dog eyes, and that was the last straw.

"Freddy, if you give me affection... ThEN I Will bE yOuR PrOBLEM! YOU'RE SHOWING ME TOO MUCH KINDNESS THAT YOU'RE MAKING ME CRAVE FOR MORE! IF YOU KEEP GOING THEN YOU'LL HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF TAKING CARE OF ME FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!" the animatronic was taken aback by your sudden outburst.

You realized what you had blurted out and covered your mouth from shock. You were blushing so hard that your face could rival a tomato. Your breathing was ragged from trying to calm your heart. You feel like making even more irrational decisions when he's around yet... you were sure he wouldn't judge you for your unusual actions.

Is he still a friend to you? Are friends supposed to make you feel this way? You weren't sure of anything anymore.

This was the first time Freddy has seen you in such a flustered state.

"That is... a responsibility I am willing to accept!" he smiled brightly.

"W-Wait, it was a spur-of-the-moment thing! You don't actually have to-"

"Nonsense! I am happy to provide you with as much affection as you desire!"

You now felt tired as if the stress earlier was the thing that's been keeping you awake for so long. The anxiety you harbored has washed away.

Freddy noticed your drowsy state and offered to let you sleep in his green room.

"Wish I could, Loverboy, but I still got some tasks to do tonight." this worried the animatronic. You were still gonna work even if you're clearly exhausted? What if you got sick again? What if Dave had to work in your place again? No, he couldn't have that.

"What if my friends and I can help you? You take good care of us and we want to do the same for you!" Freddy suggested.

"Dude, that's too much to ask! I promise I'm alright." wow, even Peepaw Willie could smell that bullshit all the way in the basement.

"What if my boss finds out? What would he say about this?!"

"Mr. Smith is a reasonable man. I'm sure he would understand that you are exhausted." he went to another room and came back with a blanket.

"You deserve the rest, Y/N." you hesitantly grabbed the soft fabric from his hands and watched him exit his green room but not before giving you a small wave and a reassuring smile.

After the door closed behind him, you sighed and got comfortable on the couch.

'Maybe I'll consult Peepaw about these feelings later. Old people bring wisdom, right?'

With that final thought, you let sleep consume you.

.

.

.

.
A/N: Updated July 13, 2022
A moment of silence for Technoblade

 A/N: Updated July 13, 2022A moment of silence for Technoblade

Edited August 22, 2022