☆Was I not good enough?☆

Nothing was ever good enough for your mother.

You watched as she praised April for the little things like building with legos or making it through the day...

You always asked yourself why that couldn't be you.

You tried everything to get your mother to notice you.

Learn how to play different instruments...

It's not going to help you in the future.

Participate in competitions...

Second place?! I did NOT raise a loser!!

Learn how to cook...

This tastes like garbage! Are you even trying?!

But nothing seemed to please her...

Failure

Nothing you do...

Dumbass

Will ever be good enough...

Useless

No matter how hard you try...

You're a mistake

Your dad even tried to reason with your mom.

She doesn't deserve anything.

One day you just stopped trying.

You stopped trying to gain her praise... her attention... her love... 

.

.

.

.

.

"Y/N?"

"Hm?" You glanced at the bear before putting your attention back to sweeping the floor in his green room.

"Is something wrong? You look upset..."

"It's nothing for you to worry about." You reassured the animatronic. His ears dropped in dissatisfaction.

"But it is something for me to worry about if someone looks to be in distress." you stopped sweeping. Your back was turned to the animatronic who was awaiting a response.

"Am I good enough...?" you mumbled with no intention of letting Freddy hear it. Unfortunately for you, the animatronic has immaculate hearing.

"What do you mean?"

"What the hell?! You heard that?"

"Y/N... you know you're amazing, right?" you stiffened and looked at him with a mix of confusion and shock.

"You might not be enough for everybody but you will always be good enough for someone who really appreciates you. So do not ever say that you are not good enough. If people cannot see how exceptional you are, then they are the ones who are not good enough for you."

Ba bum

Your heart leaped with joy when he told you that. You started to tear up a bit.

Ba bum

What he said was something you never knew you always wanted to hear.

Ba bum

A familiar feeling in your chest you once felt years ago started to return.

Ba bum

"I..."

Ba bum

A small smile graced your face.

"Thank you..."

A/N: Updated February 6, 2022

Idk how to make heartbeat sounds through text 💀💀

Will probably publish next chapter on Valentines. In the meantime I'll keep y'all busy with these extra scenes.