3 || First Night

"Y/N."

"Y/N?"

"Y/N!!"

You were startled awake from the sudden cry and saw April standing by your bedside with her hands on her hips. "Why are you still sleeping?! Aren't you supposed to be at work?" she asked.

You glanced at the clock that read 9 PM. Even though you still had time, you figured it was best to be early on the first night.

~

"Wish me luck, April!"

"Good lu-" You shut the door before she could complete her sentence since you didn't anticipate her to actually say anything.

'Oops..'

You got in the car and drove to the Pizzaplex which only took 10-20 minutes to get there. You stood behind the glass door observing the area before entering. You noticed that there were only a few employees left and the customers were making their way to the exit. You walked in and asked one of the employees if anyone named Vanessa was there.

"Vanessa? I think she's in the manager's office." You thanked them and walked to Mr. Smith's office.

Once you got there, you did the rhythmical knock and heard a faint 'come in'. You opened it and saw Mr. Smith talking with a green-eyed blonde wearing a nightguard uniform.

"Ah, speak of the devil! Vanessa, this is Ms. L/N. You will give her her tasks for tonight and her uniform. I'll be heading off now. See you two in the morning!" Mr. Smith waved at us before grabbing his belongings to leave.

"I have all the stuff you need in the security office. Follow me." While you followed her to the office, you looked around in awe at the colorful neon lights to the food stands around you.

When you both arrived at the office, she handed you a list of tasks and you watched as she pulled out a box from under the desk and opened it up to reveal the uniforms in different sizes.

"Alright," the night guard began, "since you're a technician, you have two different uniforms. This one is for when you need to repair some of the bots or equipment, while this one is for when you assist the customers around the plex. To make things easier for you, just wear the polo underneath the technician uniform for a quick change of clothes if ever you're needed in another area. Any questions?" You shook your head, and Vanessa handed you a walkie-talkie.

"If you need anything, use the walkie-talkie." With that said, she left to do her own set of tasks while you looked at the list that was given.

☐ Sweep the main stage
☐ Clean the animatronics

"That's it? I guess I get a few errands for the first night..."

You went to the supply closet and grabbed a broom, dustpan, and cleaning supplies. You were glad that your tasks were in the same location.

You got to the stage and started sweeping. 

You were able to get the job done quickly considering there wasn't a lot of confetti as you expected. You went to your last task and started to clean Glamrock Chica.

You hummed a song to pass the time, and after making sure no one was listening, the humming soon turned into you full-on belting it.

You finished cleaning Chica and moved on to Roxanne wolf. Her fur was surprisingly soft, so you made sure to be extra careful to not ruin the floof.

We got a number one victory royale
Yeah, Fortnite we 'bout to get down
Ten kills on the board right now
Just wiped out Tomato Town

You moved to Montgomery and admired his designs.

"You have a really nice tail," you said, as you polished it with caution. You groomed his mohawk just to be sure that no brat stuck gum in it. You grabbed his shades and wiped off the fingerprints and smudges that were left on them and placed them back on his face.

Finally, the bear himself, Freddy Fazbear.

Take me to your Xbox to play Fortnite today
You can take me to Moisty Mire, but not Loot Lake
I really love to Chug Jug with you
We can be pro-Fortnite game-

"Y/N?" You yelped and turned around to see Vanessa smirking, "Were you singing 'Chug Jug with you' just now?"

"..."

"..."

"No?"

The blonde snickered, "Whatever you say... Oh! I came to tell you that Mr. Smith is going to arrive soon. If you're done with your tasks, you can head home." You nodded, and Vanessa promptly left. You sighed as you finished cleaning the star of the show and took a few steps back to look at your work. They were practically glowing. You gave yourself a pat on the back and grabbed the cleaning supplies to put them back in the closet.

"..."

"..."

"Is she gone?" Chica asked.

"I think so," Roxanne replied.

"Duuude, I look awesome! Finally, someone who cleans my shades. And she even fixed my mohawk!"

"My nails look fabulous! Did you guys see the way she handled my hair?! All those past cleaners were never as careful as her."

"HVDTIFEU SHE EVEN CLEANED OUR INSTRUMENTS?!" Chica exclaimed.

"But did you hear her voice? If I had ears, I woulda tore them off!" 

"Now, now, Monty. Even if her vocals could use some work, she seemed to be enjoying herself!" Freddy said.

The door opened and they quickly went back to their previous positions. You walked through the door debating on whether you should loiter around the mall or just go home.

"Ms. L/N! Were you able to finish your tasks for the night?"

"Yes, sir!"

Mr. Smith let out a low whistle at the sight of how spotless the area was.

"Wow! Nice job, L/N. You may head home if you want, but you are also welcome to stick around for the show later."

"Show?" you inquired.

"Yep! The Glamrocks are going to perform for a birthday party later. Oh! Before I forget, here are some fazcoins in case you're interested in trying out some of the arcade games. You did a good job of cleaning the animatronics. Keep this up and I just might give you a VIP pass!"

"Cool beans! See ya, Boss."

While you were walking to the arcade, you could have sworn you felt someone or something watching you...

A/N: Edited January 12, 2023