Motives

February 1st,
Los Angeles

This entire month has been a turnaround Chris has been on his best behavior. I guess he thought he was going to lose me this time. He's giving me everything I've wanted all along, I just hate that it had to take all of this to happen for him to appreciate me.

After New Years' we've been with each other every day we took a trip to Amsterdam, he rented a cabin with just us during this time our connection has grown stronger seeing him outside of all the fame when it's just using those are the best moments for me.

I was also able to reset and recorded a lot of music and wrote a lot while I was down there, I can't wait to go back. Speaking of music Shine sent me the demo for the song on his project it is crazy I love the beat he booked a session with me and Isis he will be there as well. I caught an Uber to the recording studio in North Hollywood.

The session wasn't until noon, it is 11:45 am. I like to be early. I hate wasting people's time. I texted Chris he knew I was going to be recording today he said he'd stop by a little later he was also working.

Once I arrived in the room Shine was already there along with the sound engineer, he greeted me with a hug " Hello, beautiful you ready to work?" he asked.

I nodded. I had been prepping for this all week and I wanted to be on my toes  " would you like a drink?" he asked me.

I declined to be alert and aware of the things going on around me. I don't really like to unwind in the music-making process because I get really distracted " I haven't had breakfast yet" I replied using that as an excuse.

" We can go to brunch after the sessions over my boys are having a day party you should come, it would be a good look for you," he said.

I thought about it I didn't really have time to respond he touched my thigh.

" If you look out for me, I'll look out for you I can elevate you take you to the top just fuck with me," he said looking me up and down I was admittedly uncomfortable.

Isis walked in the door he quickly moved his hand greeting her my mind didn't have time to process what just happened.

" Did, this man just proposition me for sex? in exchange for connections?" I didn't even notice Shine was talking to me because I was thrown for a loop.

"Aliyah jump in the booth first, I want to hear what you got," he said.

I grabbed my notebook and went inside the booth.

I tried to tune out what had just happened to me and my mind drifted off to the music. Isis was whispering in Shine's ear I don't know what the conversation was about. I laid my vocals down once I got out of the booth it was Isis's turn.

She got in the booth her singing was alight but her lyrics were trash even Shine wasn't feeling it he walked over to me while she was in the booth, he sat next to me putting his hand on my thigh again I jumped.

"Don't touch me Listen I am in a relationship you're barking up the wrong tree" I said.

"So, he doesn't have to know," Shine said.

"I don't get down like that," I said.

" Aliyah, you don't understand how far I can take you that nigga Chris can only take you so far, I can get you the heavy hitter Tim, Pharell I've been in this game a long ass time I have friends in high places," he said.

I stood up " I'm not interested, I work for the things try Isis," I said moving to the other couch.

He laughed " I already had that I want a sample of what Breezy getting it must be fire, you aren't no goody to shoes yourself you fucked Chris what they nigga got that I don't?" he said.