CHAPTER 11

Miss

Mariyah's checked her reddish cheek on the small circle mirror of her face powder. Napalakas ang sampal ni Devon sa kaniya but she know na may mali rin s'ya.

Pinilit n'ya si Devon. Maybe he got irritated so he slapped her.

"Ano'ng nanyare r'yan?" Bryn asked while driving. Nagpasama s'ya rito na kuhain ang Audi n'ya sa talyer.

"Nothing," she answered. He just shrugged it off.

"Ano nang status n'yo ni Dev?" 

Sinara n'ya ang face powder at tumingin dito. Nasa kalsada pa rin ang mata nito ngunit alam n'yang nag aantay 'to ng sagot n'ya. 

She don't know. Ano nga bang status nila ni Devon? She enjoyed their intimacy bukod don? Hindi n'ya na alam. She sighed.

"Just playing with the fire." 

"Fire my foot!" She rolled her eyes and decided to ignore him.

"You will never stop that low if you just want to play with the fire."

"So you're telling me na I'm low?"

"Yes!" Bryn responded without hesitation. She stared at him for a moment and sighed.

Tama s'ya. She will never play around to waste her time. She's working hard if she wants something—someone rather.

"Look, Mariyah. You're beautiful. You're hot. You're a top model. You can have every man but not Dev. He's gay—"

"Shut up!" She cut him off. Umiling-iling lang si Bryn na para bang nauubusan na s'ya ng pasensya sa katigasan ng ulo ni Mariyah. 

"Just don't try to ruin yourself again," He said emphasizing the word 'again'. "Nag c-care lang ako para sa'yo. May boyfriend na tao si Dev. Kunti-kunti mo na silang sinisira and ayokong ikaw ang reason no'n,"

"I already told you how asshole Matt Bastard right?"

"I know but why don't we just watch them break up like we usually do in college?" 

She sighed. She knows that she's being irrational. She know how stupid she is right now.

"Ayoko. I want to be part of the movie. Not just a viewer." 

Bryn sighed in defeat, "Tigas ng ulo mo!" She just shrugged her shoulders and ignored him.

Devon tried to call Mariyah's phone countless times but she ignored his call again.

Ilang araw na s'yang hindi pinapansin nito. Nagmumukha na s'yang desperado para makausap lang 'to but she's hastler in escaping. Kahit ano'ng corner ang gawin n'ya, nakakagawa pa rin 'to ng paraan para makatakas sa kanya.

"Damn, Iyah! Please answer me." He whispered while listening to the phone ring. 

After so many try, Mariyah finally answered the call. Halos manigas s'ya sa pwesto at pilit hinanap ang sariling boses.

"Hello?" A rough and low voice greeted him. It's not Mariyah's voice. Lalaking-lalaki ang tunog nito.

"Sino 'to? Bakit mo hawak phone ni Iyah?!"

Natahimik ang kabilang linya. Akala n'ya pa ay binabaan na s'ya nito ngunit muling nagsalita ang lalaki sa kabilang linya.

"Oh Dev! It's me Bryn." Mas lalong kumunot ang noo n'ya. 

Bakit hawak nito ang cellphone ni Mariyah? Mariyah is the type of person who hates invading her privacy.

"Just tell me I called," malamig nyang turan.