Chapter 35

I wake up in her bed, with Mina still asleep practically molding herself onto me. Not that I'm complaining, shes the only thing here that doesn't smell like rot and or dust.

I carefully take the pillow under my head and put it in between her arms so she doesn't realize I'm gone. I head to my room to change my outfit and then down to Coco's. Ready to act out the plan of getting the deadly flower.

I gently tap on her door and Mallory opens it, clothes wrinkled and hair looking like a bird just flew out of it. "You guys had fun last night?" I smirk.

"Is that Y/N?" Coco says in the background.

Coco walk over and pulls me into the room, giving a quick kiss goodbye to the tired Mallory with promises of seeing her at breakfast. "So... you ready for the plan?" She asks, cutting straight to the chase.

"Yeah... yeah I am ready." I reassure myself.

"Alright then! Lets get packed!"

"Its not like theres too much to pack. We just need like scissors and stuff right? To cut the plant?"

"Yeah but like what if we get attacked!" Coco says, walking around the room and looking for random things.

"Who do you think is gonna attack us up there?"

"The cancer monsters!"

"The cancer— Coco, do you hear yourself right now?? The bombs weren't even nuclear how would someone get cancer from regular bombs."

"Thats whats Ms. Venable always says." She pouts.

"Well Ms. Venable says a lot of things." I joke.

"She also moans a lot of things too." Coco starts.

My eyes go wide and I roll them, trying to look unbothered, but thats when she actually starts imitating the sounds she hears.

"Its not like you're much better, I mean you practically let Mallory walk out of here like a zombie after what you did last night!"

Coco shuts up after that, seemingly embarrassed after the tables turned on her. Finally though, she finished placing all the random trash on her bed.

The contraband consisted of an expired protein bar, two bandaids, a toothbrush with barely any bristles and a couple of un-popped popcorn kernels. I look at the sad pile and then back at Coco, who is blankly staring at it too.

I pick up one of the kernels and turn it around. "Where did you get these?" I asked.

"When all of us were on the plane too here, Gallant insisted on watching what was happening down below. He even popped popcorn for the 'show'"

"Thats psychotic."

"Yeah, well, thats Gallant. Anyway, I kept some of the kernels as a reminder that there was an outside world."

Its silent for a bit, I take in the memory she has told me and she relives it in her brain over and over. I sigh and stand up, swiping everything on the bed and shoving it into one pocket. "Come on, I have a couple things in my room too."

We walk through the empty hall, our dresses sweeping up the dirt and dust only for it to settle in a different place. We complete the treck to my room and I unlock and open the door. It creeks open and i start to light the blown out candles. One by one, i make my way around the room while Coco settles down on my bed. "Have you been sleeping in Ms. Venables room?" She asks with a smirk.

"Not lately, no."

"Oh right. Im sorry about that."

"Don't be, its not your fault."