Chapter 7

TW: Caning, gaslighting (I think??)

From then on, Coco comes to my room everyday after lunch. Our topics we talk about range from Mallory and Ms. Venable to her explaining beef between different celebrities.

This afternoon, she came barging in and sat down on my bed. I was lying in the comfiest dress in the closet. "You couldn't at least knock?"

She looked at me surprised. "Oh! Whoops sorry." She shrugged it off and sat down at the foot of my bed.

She was looking at me while I was drawing in my sketchbook. "Can you draw me?" she asks after a beat of silence.

"I could." I say teasingly.

"Har har, like I haven't heard that before. Seriously though, could you?"

"Sure, why not?"

We position ourselves so that we're facing each other with our legs crossed. I just as I finish the basic outline she twitches her nose. "You ok?" I ask.

"My nose is itchy." she whispers.

"Then scratch it?"

"But won't that ruin your sketch?"

"Not if you do it super quickly."

She does so and shifts back. It must have been hours later, because when I finished we only had 10 minutes before we had to go down to dinner. "Wow already?"

"Time is weird down here." she answers.

Unable to fix ourselves to look presentable, we walk out to the common room. "Hey, you too!" Gallant says as we enter the room. "Coco! I missed you, what's a gay best friend without his other half?"

I go over to the couch to sit down, next to Emily. "Hey are you ok?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah, I don't know this place has me spacing out recently."

In reality the only thing that doesn't have me ok is my feelings for Ms. Venable. It's nice talking to Coco but I wish she never gave me that realization that I have a crush on Ms. Venable. Would the others know? No, Coco wouldn't out me like that. Unless everyone already knows? I shake my head to try and stop thinking, but the thoughts persist. I do really like Ms. Venable. What would she say though? Probably something really mean. But she's never mean to me--, Just as I finish that thought a banging could be heard at the threshold of the common room and dining room. We all collectively look up to see our leader in purple standing there. She keeps constant eye contact with me and says, "Dinner is ready."

Not much else happens during the dinner, but after Ms. Venable pulls me aside, "Ms. Y/L/N I would like to see you in my office."

With that she walks away leaving me wondering what is it she wants. Is it to yell at me? I leave and walk over to her office. There I knock on the door, she lets me in without a word, and goes over to her desk still saying nothing.

She sits down looking at me, I on the other end, am unable to look away. But as much as I would like to continue staring at the goddess in front of me, I speak, "What is it you wanted to see me for, Ms. Venable."

She breaks out of her trance. Her gaze hardens and looks at me coldly. "I know what you've done."

What? What have I done? This isn't about the Coco thing is it? "Uhh, and what would that be?"

"The breaking of rule number 3."

Rule number three? That's the no sex one right? "I didn't have sex with anyone though."

She taps her cane and looks at me, with an arched eyebrow I know what she wants from me. "I didn't have sex with anyone, Ms. Venable." I internally roll my eyes at her nitpicky nature.

"Then why, is Ms. Vanderbilt going into your room after every lunch?"

I see something in her eyes, something that doesn't look like hatred or disgust. It looks more like jealousy. Is Ms. Venable jealous? She does seem like the possessive type. I close my eyes for a moment to gather my thoughts. "We're just friends, Ms. Venable. We only talk to each other--"

"You can do that in the common room." She fixes her jaw.

"Yes, well we discuss very personal matters and confide in each other--"

"I'm aware of what 'friends' are, Ms. Y/L/N, I'm not an idi--"

"STOP!" I shout. "Stop interrupting me, please, Ms. Venable." I realize my mistake when she puffs out her chest and looks at me with wide eyes.

"I am your superior! Ms. Y/L/N, I did appreciate your respect before but this is unacceptable! I can do what I want, when I want, because you know why?" She asks a rhetorical question. I stay silent and shrink in my seat, clawing at the arms of the chair. "Because this is MY outpost! And I will NOT tolerate hypocrites!"

I wait a bit in case she wants to continue her yelling. She doesn't, insteading filling the room with the noise of her heavy breaths from her outburst. "Bend over the desk." she says plainly.

"What."

"You heard me, I will not repeat myself."

I gawk at her, but I eventually do as told. The last thing I need is to get on my crush's bad side. I bend over the desk and she hikes up my skirt. I prepared and gasped out a surprised "Ms. Venable!"

"Shut up." she spits.

She bends over to whisper in my ear. "Ten, count."

"Wha--". As I'm about to ask what she means by that I'm cut off from a harsh blow to the rear. Is she hitting me with her cane?? I don't immediately realize what she wants me to do until the second blow is delivered. "T-Two." I stutter out.

"No, that was the first. You got an extra one for taking too long."

If you ask anyone else, this would be pure humiliation. But for me, it was also humiliating as well, but I chose to focus on the part of me that liked being hit by Ms. Venable. She's probably using her own cane for this too. I didn't hear her walking over to the cabinet. Lost in my thoughts I was unable to count the third time she'd hit me. She gave me another one to compensate. "Three." I whisper out.

She pulls my hair, "Louder, Ms. Y/L/N."

"Three, Ms. Venable."

She hums out her content with that and goes back to caning me. Eventually she stopped, and in total I was hit sixteen times. My ass was obviously sore, and probably bleeding. Just as I'm about to head out the door, she grabs my wrist, making me turn around. She doesn't say anything, but her mouth is open. "Ms. Venable?" I whisper out.

She broke her gaze and looked down, "Don't let this happen again."

Slowly she releases my wrist and I exit her office.