Chapter 16

Breakfast the next morning was hard. I could barely sit without trembling and feeling like I'm about to pass out. It's a miracle I didn't bleed out before then. I can feel all eyes on me, even Ms. Venable's worried gaze meets my dazed one a couple times. I'm not sure if she feels bad, I selfishly think she does though, I want her too.

Eventually the meal ends and Coco and Mallory help me walk back to my room to rest. They don't know what happened and they probably wont for a while. I know I should tell someone so they can treat he wounds, but I feel ashamed. Not the embarrassment I did the first time Ms. Venable punished me. Ashamed I can't be better for her. I can't make her stop torturing me with her feelings. I wish she would just give me a straight answer, even if it was rejection at least I won't be hanging on by a thread every time she looks at me.

I go up to get the pictures of my cat, and lie down just looking at them. If I remember hard enough I can imagine exactly how I felt when taking that picture. I wish he was still here, though maybe it's for the best he doesn't see me like this. 

I lie like that for god knows how long before someone walks in. Ms. Venable. I sigh and bite my lip trying to hold back tears.

"Hello." She whispers.

I sigh and turn around in the bed so my back is facing her. "I came here to address your wounds."

I don't say anything. I don't want to say anything. "Ok." I whisper.

The bed shifts with her weight as she gently positions me to lay face down so she can have access to the wounds. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to clean them after." she says.

I don't respond.

"Y/N?"

"What?" i sigh out.

"I'm sorry."

"Ok."

She doesn't try and continue the conversation. Instead she finished cleaning the wound, but she stayed there. On top of me, looking at my back. "Y/N?"

"Yes Ms. Venable."

I just want her out of here. I can't stand being around her right now. "Do you like me?"

I sink into the mattress and whisper out a "yes." I have nothing to lose, she has taken everything from me in every way. 

She rolls over so she's lying on her side facing me. I shift my head so we were just staring at each other. "Ms. Venable you're going to wrinkle you're dress lying in bed."

"I don't care."

"Ms. Venable plea--" before I can finish , soft lips are on mine.

She's kissing me. I shove her off of me. "STOP! Stop, I know how this goes, please stop." I cry.

She grabs my hand and pulls me close again. "And how does this go?"

"You-you kiss me and make me fuh-feel and special and shit and then do a complete 180 or whuh-whatever and-and treat me like shit!"

She only pulls me closer, into her chest and soothes me until I stop crying. "Why?" I ask her.

"I'd be lying if I said you didn't immediately catch my attention." she whispers in my ear.

"Is that all I am? I just 'catch your attention'?"

"What? Of course not. I'm saying I also... like you."

I laugh at her statement. "You know I can't just forgive you for how shitty you've been right?"

She sighs and says "I know."

It's silent between us for a while, there's nothing else to be said. Eventually she makes her move to leave, but I keep her in place. "Stay." She does as told and stays, holding me and I'm the happiest person in the world.

"I'm sorry." I say after a couple of hours of just cuddling.

"What?"

"I'm sorry for outing you like that. It was wrong of me."

"Oh, right. It's ok. Call it even?" she jokes.

"Not even close." I chuckle back. 

I think for a little bit. I should get to know her. "What's one thing you miss about the world?"

"One thing I miss? Hmm, that's a good question," I smile at her compliment, "probably wine."

"Laaaame that's such a bad answer." I chuckle.

"Oh yeah? What's your answer then?"

"I don't know probably my cat."

"Lame." she copies me.

"Har har, laugh now it' a better answer than alcohol."

"Is this him?" She finds the pictures I was looking at before.

"Yeah. He was my little baby."

"He's cute." she smiles.

I wish I still had my camera, so I could capture her smile. Her smile is worth it's weight in gold, tenfold. Nothing will compare to the soft rise of her cheeks, like warm bread rising in the oven. So soft and fresh. She looks up from the photos and catches me staring.

I blush and bury my face in her neck. "How do you smell so good?" i ask after breathing her in.

"I may or may not have snuck in a bottle of my perfume and wear it around when I know we're going to be alone."

I'm shocked. What other little gestures like that does she do for me? "Well it smells really good."

"Thank you, I'm glad you like it."

She traces circles on my back while we hold each other, for once I feel calm around her. I don't have to worry about how she's going to hurt me after, because I know she wont. 

A knock is heard at me door. "Y/N? Can I come in?" Coco asks.

I look at Ms Venable with wide eyes and she gets up, and I point over to the bathroom for her to hide in. She silently closes and locks the door and I answer, "Yeah? Coco what's up?"

"Oh! Lunch is going down in a little bit and was wondering if you needed help getting there?"

"No I'll be fine, thanks though."

I listen to the fading footsteps as she walks away and go to knock on the bathroom door to let Ms. Venable know she's gone. "I guess this means we have to go." she says.

"You could always stop by for a bit after?" I shyly ask.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I like cuddling with you."

"Maybe you could come to my room instead? The beds in here are hard and mine is better on my ba-- my head. It's been killing me lately."

"Sounds like a plan." I smile.

We leave 5 minutes apart so no one gets suspicious about us and we all eat lunch together.

A/N: AAAA OK so this is what I meant w soft Mina, idk there's just something so comforting about this version of her I love it <33