"Hey," he said.

"Hi," I replied and rolled onto my back. He leaned down and kissed my forehead, making me feel warm.

"How was work?" He asked.

I sighed. "Clark fired me today. I no longer have work. Now, I get to sleep in all day on some days or just go job hunting."

"Why did he fire you?" Lucas asked and started to run his fingers through my hair, making me feel tingly and sleepy once again.

"I don't know. But I don't like it. I need to make enough money for college," I said and he stopped running his fingers through my hair.

"Jackie," he whispered my name and I shifted my eyes to look at him. "Let me take care of your expenses."

"Luca—"

"No, don't say anything. Just let me pay for your fees and you can decide to use whatever money you have to pay for other stuff like books, rides, phone bills, etcetera. Just let me do this one thing, Jackie. I hate seeing you stress yourself when I know I can help," Lucas said in a genuine tone that made tears fill my eyes.

"But what if you want me to pay you back tomorrow?" I asked, my insecurities coming out.

I gasped when Lucas rolled onto my body and pinned my hands to the bed. He leaned down and kissed my cheek before resting his forehead on mine.

"I will never do such. I just want to take care of you, buy you things, and make you feel happy. Can you let me do that?"

I nibbled on my lip and he pulled away from my face, then caught what I was doing with my teeth between my lip. He leaned down and kissed my lips, making me feel warm inside. He wrapped his hand around my throat and pulled my head upward to deepen the kiss. Lucas pulled away and I felt breathless.

"Will you let me take care of you?" He whispered.

I began to remember how rich Lucas was. Everything he owned was all from his money and he had a bright future ahead of him but he was not a boyfriend or husband to me. I did not deserve any of this treatment if it was what he was planning.

"What are you thinking?" He whispered.

"You say you want to take care of me, buy me things and all but isn't it too much for someone who isn't your girlfriend or wife?" I asked and he hesitantly smiled.

Lucas placed his head in the crook of my neck and kissed me there. I took in a sharp breath at the feel of his soft lips against my skin and moaned when he licked my skin and then grazed it with his teeth.

"Do you want to be something more?" He whispered against my ear and I gulped.

I was tongue-tied at his question. Did I want to become something more than a friend to Lucas Hamilton? I did not know yet I wanted to.

"I don't know... Maybe?" I replied and he lay down beside me, stroking my hair. I looked at him, he was smiling and staring at the ceiling.

"Alright," he replied, making me feel an ache in my heart since I had expected something else. "Go back to sleep."

"But I'm not sleepy," I said, lying even though I felt sleepy from the way he was running his fingers through my hair.