Chapter 19

"Ambrose, did you hear about that gang that was just suddenly wiped out last night? I heard people were trying to get rid of them for a while now, but they couldn't because they were way stronger than them." Kaden said as he looked outside the window as he was watering plants. "Huh, that's weird," Ambrose mumbled. "And there was a robbery last night, but nobody saw anyone. I think people were just dreaming of things and didn't remember some people buying items." Kaden continued. "Really? I think people are hitting insanity in this city, honestly." Ambrose chuckled a bit. "Who knows at this point." Kaden sighed. As he was looking outside the window, he noticed a falling bright-red maple leaf. "Is it autumn yet, Ambrose?" Kaden asked. "No? I don't think? Why'd you ask?" She looked at him in confusion. "Nothing, I saw a falling tree leaf, that's all." Kaden admitted.

--

Where Selen had another spike in activity late at night, Ao couldn't sleep at all, so he had just kept a look out for anyone who came near them. "What happened last night..? I heard screaming." Zombie said as she looked over at Ao, and all he did was a sigh, then he spoke up. "Selen had another bad episode, but it was short, and not that long. I'm glad it wasn't long, it probably would've ended badly." Ao put his hand on his forehead. Zombie looked over at Selen and sighed worriedly. "Eh? Oh, I found out where they are." Selen said as she jolted up. "I-" Zombie just stared at her. "Christ, your already awake?" "Yeah?" Selen kinda just stood up fast, and then swerved side to side because of how fast she got up. "Aa~ I'm okay!" Selen exclaimed as she picked up the knife that she had laying on the ground when she went to sleep. "Well, where are they?" Zombie asked as she stood up. "I'll show you in a second. Also, Ao!" Selen looked over at Ao. "Hm?" "Can you take mortals to the Ghost Realm?" Selen asked. "Yes, why do you as- Selen don't tell me you're bringing them with y-" Ao tried to finish his sentence, but Selen had interrupted him anyways. "Precisely! Nice guess!" She exclaimed as she walked out of the alleyway and pulled up her cloak. 

"So where are we going?" Ao asked as he flicked out his fan. "I'm pretty sure they would be at their house that they live in, or an archery range, knowing them both. Or at least the old them." She said as she walked backward, looking at Ao and Zombie. As they walked, Selen joked a few times here and there, but then it got awkward. "People are staring at you, They're judging you. They know what you did." Selen tried to blur out everything that was happening around her to ignore what her mind was telling her. "So do we spread out and look at the two places you mentioned? Or stick together?" Zombie muttered. "I think we should stay together, because of where we are. We wouldn't want to lose each other, wouldn't we?" Ao admitted. "Stop there!" The three of them heard a manly voice behind them.

"Shit."

539 words
sorry this chapters so short, I'm running out of ideas quick and I just wanna get to the last chapter hdbskjfhdsuofilsjdf