Chapter 9

"Goodnight," Kaden said, he didn't want to talk about her anymore. "Yeah. Same." Blue agreed.

It was quiet, by now, they were in the middle of the lake, between two sections of land that was their own city's land, but now it was gone, it wasn't anymore. Soon, the Crimson Rain forest would soon be on fire, all of the souls being released finally, since their bodies were left to rot there hanging in the trees. But, since the souls are being released, it would only fuel Selen in the final afterlife in the Ghost Realm. "Are you sure she's actually going to come back?" Kaden spoke. "Well, it's not guaranteed but she could if she wanted to." Ambrose sighed as she looked at the water. "Do you think it's possible for her to-" Kaden was interrupted by Ambrose. "Kaden, just- please, she's not going to do anything to us." Ambrose tried to reassure Kaden. "Not to us, at least. She's coming for you, not us." Kaden thought to himself and looked up at the stars above them.

 "I've heard in books that I've read that when ghosts finally die, they go to this thing called the Ghost Realm. It's said from legends that there are 4 deities that are the most powerful ghosts. I highly doubt there will be just 4 now, most likely 5 now." Blue explained to them. "Who are the others?" Kaden asked, but Blue shrugged. "I only know of one, he's a water ghost. Apparently, when he died, he killed everyone around him, according to legends. His ghost title is "Black Water Submerging Boats." Blue explained. Kaden looked at the water, anxiously. "Don't worry about him, he hasn't been seen in many years," Blue reassured him, as Kaden sighed. "How do you know so much about these ghosts?" Ambrose looked over at Blue, in question. "I read a lot of books about ghosts since I was curious about it. I wanted to see why Selen was so interested in Demonic Arts." Blue answered Ambrose's question. "Don't get me wrong-- I wasn't trying to study it, I was just looking at some ghosts!" Blue quickly added. Ambrose looked back at the water and sighed, looking at her reflection.

They had been drafting for a while, seeing no sign of human life, until they got to the harbor of a city that was known for its army of well-trained men and women. Their leader was stern, but also had a sense of good and bad. They didn't use as much magic as in the long-gone city they had just left. "Look!" Kaden exclaimed.

IN THE GHOST REALM, WITH SELEN.

"Whose that? I haven't seen an arrival like this since-" One ghostly man said, only to finish his sentence when he was disintegrated into tiny bits of decaying flesh. A woman with very long blue hair, and black and red devil-like horns that swirled at the tip. Her outfit was ripped and had several holes in them. "What's all of this about?" A man dressed in blue said as he looked at the woman who was standing in the middle of a crowd of ghosts. "A new ghost just descended, she seems powerful.." One ghostly-woman answered the man's question. "I wonder how she died.." another man said, as he stared at her. The woman snapped to look at the man who had just spoken, and soon he was ripped into two pieces, then his arms and legs were severed from his body, and his body soon disintegrated into ash. "She is powerful, indeed, being able to kill a ghost just by giving them a glare." The man in blue said. 

"Should we do anything about her? She seems like she'll be a major problem in the future.. I've heard from some people that she killed so many people before she descended, that word spread about her around the world above," A woman told to man in blue. "Oh really? Impressive. The last time I had heard something like that was when I descended, and heard it from the crowd of people." The man admitted. "She earned the ghost name 'Corrupt Queen of Crimson' from her kill count and the way she hung bodies in a forest, apparently." The woman continued. The man in blue was lost in deep thought, and didn't reply to the woman. "Sir?"  "Corrupt Queen of Crimson." He spoke out, and the ghosts hushed and stopped talking. The woman looked at him. "Who are you? And where in the hell am I, and why am I here? The Ghost Realm?" She asked, more so threatening him. "Did she just ask who he was? Seriously?" A woman whispered to another woman in the crowd. "Ao. Blue Horned Devistation." Ao introduced himself. 

Selen looked behind Ao. It looked like a woman with very pale skin, long brown hair with blonde highlights, a set of horns, and another, but one horn had been broken off. A necklace with a ruby pendant wrapped around her head. Her eyes were silver-white as if it was snow, fresh after a snow storm. A crow sat on her shoulder. As soon as she noticed she was spotted, she lept up onto one of the higher roofs of a building, as quick as a blink of an eye, and made zero noise at all, apart from a slight jingle from the bell that was on her shoes. Selen stared at her in confusion, and why she didn't want to be seen. "You're here because you died again when you were a ghost, quite obviously," Ao told Selen, but all she did was roll her eyes. The crowd of ghosts had slowly cleared, and all that was left was Selen, Ao, and the woman who fleed when she was spotted.  "Zombie, how about you greet her?" Ao looked up at the roof she lept up onto.

978 words