Chapter 10

"Zombie, how about you come to greet her?"

She shook her head. "Why? What does this have to do with me?" Zombie complained. Ao sighed. "I'm only trying to help you, but every time I try to you always say that.." Selen watched the two go back and forth. "What kind of name is Zombie? Could your parents not think of anything better for your name?" Selen looked at her. "I..." Zombie looked at Selen with both pityfullness and confusion in her eyes. Ao sighed. "Why do I even try..? You're both hopeless of being friends.." Selen glared back at Ao. Zombie jumped back down from the roof she had jumped on and returned near Ao.

When Zombie was alive, her parents were killed in a fire in the village she lived in, she was luckily out of the house and on the streets with her few friends when it all happened. This happened when she was young, around the age of 8. She had also lost her brother a couple of years later after her mother and father were killed. Her brother was supposed to be doing a friendly duel with one of his friends but ended up being the cause of the death of her brother. She stood there unable to do anything since she had no excellent training in any type of weaponry. She had always loved animals, like dogs and raven crows, but she didn't like cats.

Ao walked up to Selen and sighed. "She doesn't remember what her actual name was, so we started calling her Zombie, and she's agreed to use that as her name. She's a bit shy, and ever since she died she hasn't had any friends, so I'm trying to help her." Ao and Selen looked over at Zombie who was staring at a silver butterfly landing on her hand. For once Selen had felt bad for a stranger. Selen didn't have many friends herself either. "Before she descended into the Ghost Realm, she was a ghost who wandered aimlessly throughout cities and villages setting them on fire, and caused a lot of the city's clans to go completely extinct since nobody was awake when she lit flames," Ao explained to Selen. "She might seem harmless but she's pretty advanced in martial arts and dark cultivation magic, and she can actually be kindhearted." He continued. Selen looked around her. Although it was daytime when she descended, it looked like nighttime down here in the city. 

"Is there any chance I could go back up there? I want to get revenge on someone but I'm not sure if I can do that without a sacrifice in a human ritual." Selen looked at Ao, and he nodded. "I'm surprised you know so much about corrupt cultivation magic, judging by the age you died and descended." Ao looked over at Selen. "She.. also knows corrupt magic?" Zombie mumbled as she walked towards them and studied Selen with interest, but Selen just returned a glare of confusion. "She doesn't know how powerful of a ghost she is, and I'm afraid to tell her," Ao whispered to Selen. Before Zombie died, she studied corrupt magic, and was often made fun of and beaten because people thought she was weird and was trying to summon the devil. After she died, she killed the people who had made fun of her, and their entire city or village.  "Well, how about we show Selen around Zombie, hm?" Ao looked at Zombie.

 Instead, she didn't hear him, and she was too busy looking around the area, looking for her brother if he was down here with her. Every time she looked, she never found him. And even though he's been dead for years, she still won't give up looking for him. Sometimes, she would be looking for days on end for him, and would never find him. Her brother was the only remaining family member she had left after her mother and father died. And she was left for years alone. She died young, much like Selen.

"I think I can figure out what's what here, but thanks for the offer?" Selen looked at Ao. "I will warn you before you go and explore, keep an eye out for the other 3 ghosts," Ao explained to Selen. "3? I thought there were 4..?" All that Ao did in return was smile, walk away, and returned to whatever he was doing before she descended. In honesty, she didn't pay attention to his ghost name, and only his actual name, and turns out he was the most powerful ranking ghost in all of the Ghost Realm. Instead of Zombie following Ao, she stayed there and kept looking around. "Erm, Zombie?" Selen looked at Zombie who was now distracted by a silver translucent butterfly, but when she heard her name she looked directly at Selen with a calm gaze and tilted her head sideways, confused. Her stare didn't feel intruding, it felt confused and waiting for anything else to be said.  "Why are you just standing there looking around like you're lost?" Selen walked up to Zombie, only for her to back up a few steps, and shook her head. Selen didn't understand what she was trying to tell her. 

Zombie didn't talk much, especially with people she didn't know well and wasn't around for long. The only person that she talked around was Ao, and to her crow. "I'm looking for someone." She mumbled. "For who?" "Him." Selen looked at her in confusion, and she didn't know who 'Him' was. 

925 words