Chapter 4

She rushed out of the door and kept running until she reached the small village.

!! !!! !! !! !! TW: A LOT OF BLOOD MENTIONS, PLEASE BE AWARE BEFORE READING!! SOME MENTIONS MAY MAKE PEOPLE VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. VERY VERY VERY VERY GORY.. !! !!! !! !!!! !!

The village was abandoned, nobody had lived in it for several years. The only living thing you would find there are small patches of grass, and maybe a few animals, like a bunny. Skeletons of people and animals were scattered all around the place. The silence was unsettling. Normally, there would be crickets and frogs making noises, but, there was no sign of any crickets or frogs.

Ambrose looked around the abandoned village. She noticed someone was standing on one of the roofs of a house. It was near the open place where mini shops would normally be, selling the everyday items, but now it was only a few planks. It looked like something, or someone had come through and obliterated everything. The figure jumped down from the roof to the open area and started to draw something on the ground. Ambrose couldn't tell who it was, since they had a hood on. But, it was a feminine figure, at least what Ambrose could tell from. 

Ambrose stepped closer but stayed on a porch of an abandoned house, and stayed hidden in the shadows. "I'm sorry for killing you all of those years ago, but, not really. Come back, and hunt down the ones who had made me feel like shit." As soon as the stranger finished the last word, she slit her wrist and blood dripped onto the magical formation they were drawing on the ground. A weird noise filled the air. Ambrose looked around and saw that the human-like skeletons were regaining their skin, but still looked decayed. They stood up sluggishly and headed for where Ambrose came from. Her town. 

"It'll be great listening to them scream, I think. What do you think?" The figure looked over at where Ambrose was hiding and walked toward her. "Oh, would you look at that, it's like yesterday, well, earlier today, when you approached me?" Selen slightly chuckled as she lifted the hood off of her head. "I did what he told me to, he said to leave, so I lef-" Selen was interrupted by a siren. It was the siren of the town, whenever their in an attack. "Hmph. Seems like everything everyone tries to get rid of that town, they always survive." Selen looked at where Ambrose should've been, but she was gone. She looked over to where the path exiting the city and saw that Ambrose was running towards the zombie with a knife in hand. Selen heard clashes of different swords, katanas, and people yelling in the distance. "What was I thinking? I know a few dead people won't destroy a town like that.." She face-palmed.

"There! That's who she told us did this!" Selen heard a man yell and was approaching her. She turned to look over at who was coming toward her. They had gotten through the dead people, and were coming for her next. And to kill her. "That's that insane woman! Kill her!" Different waves of insults and death threats came flowing out of their mouths like waterfalls, and into her ears. "Clear the way! He's coming!" The men cleared out a path for whoever was approaching. 

A jingle of a bell sounded when the man stepped against the dirt path. "I did tell her to leave this town, but not conduct mayhem." The man said. Selen sighed. "What are you gonna do now, oldie? Kill me?" Selen scoffed. "No, I don't intend to do it now. I only came out here because I had heard there was an attack. But I didn't think it would've been you." 

"Then what are you going to do? hm?" Selen looked at Phil. He stayed silent, thinking of what to do. "Are you stuck?" Selen put her hands behind her back and started to do different things with her fingers, and mumbled something. Phil suddenly spat out a good amount of blood. He looked up at Selen, who was looking up and whistling like she had done nothing. "If you keep using dark magi-" He coughed up blood again. "If I keep using dark magic, what are you going to do? I'm out of your city's grounds." She slyly smiled. "She's the devil himself.." She heard a few men whisper back and forth. She glared at the men, squinting her eyes a bit. The men looked afraid of her.

She looked back over at Phil. "Are you just asking for death at this point?" He asked, still coughing slightly. "I'll say that, sure! so are we going to fight? Or will I have to kill your weak little trained men?" Selen glared back at the crowd of men. "Or both you and them?" She tilted her head sideways a bit, questioning him. There wasn't an answer. "Or is this an invitation for me to get some type of kill count? If so I'll gladly accept it!" She smiled maliciously. There still wasn't an answer. "Well, thanks!"

She cut through the skin on her arm and let it drip onto the ground. There was a hidden magical formation. As soon as the blood finally stopped dripping, the wound healed, and the formation caused an explosion. She heard screams of men horrified for their lives, which would soon end in a matter of seconds. Splatters of people's blood and thuds of limbs hit the ground. 

Selens blue hair swayed everywhere as the explosion went. She watched splatters of blood, stain the dirt path and fly everywhere in the air. She heard the jingle sound of the blonde's katana keychain, as it flew up into the air. and stabbed into the ground, blade first. Selen stared at it for a moment. She was confused since it would normally come back up since it was Phil's katana, and he used it with his mind. As the clouds of smoke cleared slightly to where you could see through it, she noticed something.

1024 words 
hehe cliffhanger