Chapter 2

"Well," Selen smirked. "What do you even mean, Selen? Your sounding like a crazy man woman who just escaped out of a prison." Ambrose looked at Selen and rolled her eyes.

Selen pulled out a pocket knife and slit her wrist a bit, and blood ran down her arm. "What in the hell are you doing?!" Blue looked at Selen. She put her arm to where the blood was dripping on the ground, and as it dripped, she mumbled something, and when she finished, the blood surrounded her like a type of shield. "Do you realize you could be burned alive for doing this..?" Blue muttered. "Not unless I don't get caught, I won't!" Selen winked. As the blood collapsed onto the ground, it disappeared into the ground, and Selen's wound was magically healed. "This isn't something you should be proud of, Selen.." Kaden mumbled.

"If we can just harness both evil and good magic, we wouldn't have to fight the evil, we can just tame them?" Selen questioned. "You're sounding insane. Just stop and pay attention to class!" Ambrose looked at Selen, who had her hand on her hip looking at Ambrose. "Haven't I earned the title ' The Insane Woman ' of our city? I mean, look at me, you see people every day staring at me, and calling me an 'Insane Woman' or telling me I'm some disgrace of a human being." Selen laughed. "I'm gonna.. go home.. see you guys later, I guess," Blue mumbled, as the two others agreed and followed him. Selen sighed. Although she was adopted by Ambrose's parents, she stayed out of the house almost all day when she was not in class. She had a small cave near the waterfall where she studied and practiced the corrupted magic. The real reason why Selen didn't have any blood-related family members was that she sacrificed her mother and father, along with her sibling in a ritual, trying to get to harness the evil magic. It failed. Although she didn't like her blood relatives as much, she still felt guilty for it. She wanted to bring them back. 

As Selen walked over to the cave near the waterfall, she heard her friends talking. Apparently, they were sitting down at the rocks at the waterfall. "Should we seriously report her to Phil? I mean, she might turn out to be a real problem in the future.." Blue sighed, as he looked at Kaden and Ambrose. "Most likely, but, she's my sibling. I know it's not by blood, but I would feel bad for her if she did end up dying if we did tell my father about this." Ambrose said, worried. "I know that, but, what if she goes haywire?" Blue questioned.  "I don't know, but I do know if he continues to study that, she'll become just like that guy you told us about, most likely," Ambrose said, as she shakily sighed. "That's what we're all scared about.." Kaden said. "Shh, someone is here." Ambrose shushed the two. She looked around the surrounding area. She stopped when she came to the other waterfall that covered the entrance to Selens cave. "Who's there?" She stood up. Nobody answered Ambrose's question. the only thing that could be heard was the water hitting the rocks, and flowing water.

"I said, who there. I know someone's hiding behind there. Your not slick." She said, slightly threatening. Selen stepped out from behind the waterfall. "Selen? Why are you eavesdropping on us?" Ambrose stepped towards her. "I wasn't- I swear." Selen backed up behind the waterfall and tried to head into the cave, but Ambrose followed her. It was slightly dark in the cave. the only thing that was lighting it up was torches that were hung on the wall. "So this is where you keep hiding day after day after class, and you don't bother to come home?" Ambrose asked as she looked around. She stopped for a moment, realizing there was a huge type of magical formation on the ground, written in human blood. which was Selens. "What the hell are you doing?" Ambrose asked Selen. "I mean, what does it look like I'm doing?" Selen shot back at Ambrose. She tried to read the letters that were surrounding the circle, with different symbols and such, but it was a different language that she couldn't read. "Were you ever told about how I lost my actual parents?" She asked Ambrose. She stayed quiet, she didn't know if she wanted to know the answer or not.

'Well- no, I wasn't ever told about it..?" Ambrose stammered. "It was a human sacrifice, I'm surprised if your parents even knew about it. I lied when I said they were killed in a mass murder spree in the small village I lived in." Selen told Ambrose. She didn't believe anything Selen was telling her. She couldn't tell the truth from a lie anymore. "You've become stupid. You can't even pay attention in class, even if you wanted to-" Ambrose stopped. All Selen did was just stare at her, crack up a smile, and stayed silent. "Why are you just staring at me like that? You know, after I get out of here I'm telling father about this." Ambrose said, sternly, as she turned back around to walk out of the cave. "You'd be lucky if you even lived after tomorrow." She mumbled. 

"I'll take your word for it."

902 words!!!!