Chapter 15

"Now, how do we get up there?"

"Selen, Zombie, where are you two going?" Ao said from below, looking up at them. "Isn't it kinda obvious?" Selen rolled her eyes as she lept down onto the ground to where Ao was. "No? Could you enlighten me?" Ao said as he flicked out his fan. "We're going to the Mortal Realm." Zombie uttered as she lept down beside Selen. "Are you both nuts and insane? You'll both be hung and threatened at stakes if you're both found out to be ghosts! Especially you, Selen!" Ao looked at them both, then at Selen. "Can't you already tell~? I've already gone crazy from being basically imprisoned down here for what, hell, almost 3 years? Plus, it's not like I'm staying up there, I'm only popping in and popping back out! No big deal?" As Selen crossed her arms the bells on her fingerless gloves with laces at the openings jingled. Ao sighed. "Do you even know how to get up there?" He looked at both of them again. "I don't, but Zombie does, but she said it was 'kinda outdated' and doubts it'll work. But do you?" Selen walked up to Ao and pushed down his hand fan. Ao gave Selen a disgusted face. "I do. But is that really the reason you're going up there? And don't you think men will be drooling all over you for how revealing your outfit is..?" Ao looked at her, sternly. "Okay jeez, your not my dad, or at least you can't pretend to be." She looked away from Ao and pouted jokingly, but instead, she whipped back to face him, and her hair ''accidentally'' was swung in his face and hit him. "Selen.." Ao said angrily but sighed afterwords. "I'll get you to the Mortal Realm, but I'm coming with you both so you don't sir up as much trouble, we don't want what happened 800 years ago to happen again, do we?" He sighed and put his hand on his head, sighing. "I dunno, do we?" Selen grinned then snickered. "You're getting on my last nerve, Selen." "Good. That's what I'm trying to do if you can't tell. Plus, if you did try and get rid of me for good, I think you know you would've lost anyway you tried to come across on killing me." She looked over at Ao and then returned to Zombies side. 

"Well, come on," Ao said, as he opened the portal. "THAT quick? Damn, for an old grandpa, you sure aren't slow-brained!" Selen teased as all 3 of them walked into the portal. When they arrived, they were in the middle of the forest Selen was originally killed in. "Isn't this where you died as a Mortal, Selen?" Ao looked around and poked the dead bodies that were mostly skeletons with the stick of his fan. "Yep. 'Welcome to my humble abode!' I would say, if I had any friends back then.. ehe... .." Selen awkwardly laughed. "How could you live in this stench? I mean, it's worse than smelling burning planks and bodies 24/7, and take that from me.." Zombie looked around, but still stayed behind Selen. "I'd bet nobody has been out here in at least... maybe 3-4 years?" Selen looked around. "Did you even rest?" Zombie looked at Selen. "No? I mean, countless people tried to enter here, so I practically couldn't get any sleep if I even tired." Selen answered her question. "Anyway, I might know where they are, but it's only a hunch."

As they walked, they ran into the ruins of the city that were burnt down. "Oh wow, wasn't expecting to see that here." Ao looked around at the demolished buildings and cracked concrete. "I wonder what happened here.." Ao mumbled. Zombie was also looking around quite frantically, but Selen just sat there and stared. "I heard from people down in the Ghost Realm about a clan being destroyed," Ao said as he looked around and noticed a pile of old and decaying or already decayed bodies. "Selen, why are you just standing there?" Zombie lept back over to where Selen was standing. "Zombie," Ao said, and Zombie looked at Ao. "Selen, did this before she descended," Ao whispered over to Zombie, but instead of looking at her like she was a crazy person, (like she already wasn't,), she looked at her in amazement. "Selen, your fine now, this happened years ago." Ao walked over to Selen and tried to reassure her. "Yeah, it has," Selen said as she walked away and looked at the destroyed buildings until she made it to the docks. Where she stood was the same place she had been killed at. She'd sigh. "Well, they went this way 2 years ago." Selen looked over at Ao and Zombie. On the ground laid her Ruby bracelet, still intact. She didn't pick it up, she just left it there. A wave of flashbacks hit her. The men and women on their flying katanas and swords, boats flocking in. Zombie put her hand on Selen's shoulder, but Selen wasn't expecting it, and in the blink of an eye she withdrew her Katana that was sitting on her hip and put it barely a hair away from Zombie's neck. Once she realized it was Zombie, she put it back in the casing.  "Sorry, this was just- the same place I had died in. Can we just get out of this place already?" Selen fussed as she lept to the side near the forest on one of the sides of land, and the other two followed.

 An hour or two later they had reached the city of Gazelle. Its people were still bustling, but many few people remained. "They headed this way I think, unless they went by foot to another city, but I highly doubt it," Selen said as they sat in a tree looking at the city. "Who is "They," Selen? Someone you knew before you died?" Ao looked over at Selen. She nodded in response. "Hey, wasn't there a legend about one of the most powerful ghosts suddenly disappearing from the Ghost Realm, Ao?" Selen lept down off of the tree branch. "Who, Eloise? If that's who you're asking about, yes, she did disappear." Ao answered her question. "What did she look like?" Selen said as she looked at someone who was walking near the docks. "White hair, yellow eyes, sharp elf-like ears, as I recall, why do you ask?" "Look." Selen pointed at the woman on the docks. "Didn't you say there were rumors she went up to the Mortal Realm? And the old leader of Gazelle died mysteriously?" Selen smirked, as the other two looked at her. "Do you think that that's her?" Zombie said as she looked down at the woman. "Best bet it is, what do you say, old grandpa?" Selen looked at Ao, who flicked his fan out. "For the last time, stop calling me 'grandpa.' I'm not that old." Ao looked at Selen sternly. "Okay whatever, but what are your thoughts?" Selen rolled her eyes. "It's most likely, but I don't think we should fool with her right now, don't you think? We didn't come up here to fight or cause trouble." Ao said. "I mean we could ask her if she's seen them in the past 2 years, don't you think?" Selen said as she lept down onto the docks and walked over to Eloise.

"Hello, Miss!" 

1245 words