Chapter 14

2 years later, after everything was calming down, something had strained up again.

Meanwhile, in the City of Qing, where Ambrose and Kaden had stopped at 2 years ago, after Blue's death.

"Things seem to have calmed down. I don't like it." Ambrose said as she walked beside Kaden and where headed towards the archery range. "I don't either, it seems like someone or something's planning something big, it seems too peaceful. We've never had over 5 years of peace, the most we've had is 4 years of peace, then that was when the Ghost Realm led a siege and killed off clans and thousands and thousands of people, but that was at least 800 years ago, right?" Kaden agreed. As they were walking, they noticed inside a house, mostly empty, someone was attempting a ritual? "That person's always trying some demonic ritual... every day we pass by here they're always doing it. I wonder what kind of ritual it is.." Ambrose mumbled as she looked over at the house as they passed by. "Didn't Selen do rituals like that?" Kaden looked over at Ambrose.  Ever since 2 years ago, Kaden has been more quiet than usual, and never interacts with anyone but Ambrose. 

As they arrived at the shooting range, they noticed there wasn't anyone else there. "Isn't there normally at least a few people here when we get here, right?" Kaden mumbled. "Your right... Maybe it's because it's a weekend? We don't come here often on weekends, plus people probably have things to do." Ambrose answered Kaden's question. "To add to what I said earlier," Kaden sighed. "Selen hasn't been sighted in at least a year. Nobody knows if she's still in the Ghost Realm or a mortal body." He said as he drew his bow and arrow and aimed towards a target. "Kaden, she's long gone by now, I don't get why you're worrying so much about it," Ambrose told him sternly, as she shot a bullseye with her arrow, and Kaden rolled his eyes in response. "I still find it suspicious though." He sighed. "Again, I don't know what you're worried about. Both you and I know that she's gone, we saw it ourselves. She died twice, once as a human, and another time as a ghost. She's gone now." Ambrose told Kaden. "Whatever you say, I guess," Kaden said as they continued to shoot the targets. 

An hour had passed, and it got gloomy and cloudy, dark grey clouds covered the sky like a cover on a bed. "Looks like it's going to rain or storm," Ambrose mumbled as she looked up at the sky. "I thought so. I could smell it when we were walking here." Kaden looked over at Ambrose, then up at the sky. Kaden had a keen sense of smell and hearing and was good for being on duty if there were ambushers. Nobody gets past him or even close to him if you're sneaking up on him. He was one of the best cultivators in all of the clans they've been in, and Ambrose was one of the best fighters in the majority of the clans they've been through. Her aim with bows where always a bullseye, she was swift, and her strength was the amount of strength of 5 well-trained men combined. Her cultivation level was high as well, like Kaden. Are we going to keep going or go back?" Kaden asked Ambrose, as she put her bow back on her back. "I mean, as long as it doesn't stor-" Ambrose was interrupted as a lightning strike and thunder followed after, and it soon began to rain. "Take that as we're going back." Kaden sighed, as he put his bow back on his back and began to walk back down the street next to Ambrose.

Meanwhile with Selen;

"Hasn't it been a while since I descended? I mean, it seems like it's been 5 years since I came down here." Selen said as she hopped up onto the railing of the balcony and sat down. As she swung her legs back and forth, the bells on her thigh-high heeled boots jingled and jangled. Zombie looked at Selen, "It has been a while, I think." She looked up at the sky where the blood-red moon shone. "Say," Selen looked over at Zombie, grinning. "Do you know a way to get up to the Mortal Realm?" As Selen finished her sentence, Zombie hopped up on the railing to sit beside her. "I do, but it's. kinda outdated. Why do you ask?" Zombie looked at Selen with confusion. Selen slightly snickered. "Why else do you think I'm asking you? I mean, I wouldn't just be asking to just be asking you that, right?" Selen said as she hopped off of the balcony onto the roof below them, and Zombie followed her. "I want to go back there, plus," Selen inhaled. "I wanted to pay a little visit and have a nice chat with the people who basically sentenced me to death." Selen grinned as she looked back behind her at Zombie, who was staring at her in confusion, still.

"But, don't worry, you'll also be able to do something, or unless you want to stay here-" Selen was interrupted by Zombie. "No, I'll come with you, it's boring down here, plus I haven't been up there in a while." "Exactly how I thought you would respond, now, let's see, how do we get up there?" 

908 words