Part 28

Happy reading

Happy reading

💘💘💘

Chapter : That day

"On the contrary, it's just begun." Aditya smirked as his eyes landed on one person and one person alone.

Khushi, Arnav and NK found themselves in a bit of a mess, the three of them being surrounded by a group of the dead. They all had the same expression on their face, the same chilling eyes that sent shivers down her spine that had nothing to do with the cold in the weather or the sudden breeze that suddenly grew in the still night.

NK's eyes swept through the crowd that surrounded his apprentice and the ghost, his mind quickly switching into his mentor mode and doing swift calculations of their percentage of succeeding. The outcome didn't look too good.

"Got any smart ideas NK?" Arnav growled to him, Khushi stood in the middle of the two males, her own eyes sweeping through the group of dead.

"You're dead doesn't mean you can't think." NK hissed back, his usual calmness had long gone,

"Guys will you two stop arguing!" Khushi hissed loudly over both their voices, the two immediately went silent. They could tell she was stressed, her normally soft emerald eyes were hard and her soft lips were in a tight thin line. Why wouldn't she be? Her life was in danger and her best friend's life was in danger, not what you would call normal problems for normal 19 year olds.

"But she isn't a normal 19 year old," Arnav thought to him as his eyes grazed over the girl, "She never was and she probably never will be."

"So, Khushi, it's up to you. You can either come quietly and I'll spare your friend and that mentor of yours, your little ghost boyfriend can move on and everyone will be happy. I'll even wipe clear of everyone's memory of you, so they won't suffer as well." Aditya offered as if he was offering her something she couldn't refuse. Fat chance.

"Right, I'd be more worried about you right now." Khushi spat out in a cold voice that could match the cold whips of wind that had suddenly picked up. Aditya's smirk did not falter a bit at Khushi's defiance, on the contrary, he didn't seem surprise at all, and all he did was sigh,

"I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to this," Aditya said, as if disappointed in her, "I fact with your powers and mine would've made a great partner… couple even." He said the last word clearly. Arnav's eyes hardened and fired up like never before, his fist clenched in a tight fist,

"Don't you dare talk that way to her," Arnav growled menacingly, finally Aditya turned his gaze at the ghost,

"Touched a nerve hasn't I?" he said in the same annoyingly calm voice. Arnav made a move to go forward, but Khushi placed a hand on his arm gently. He immediately turned to look at her, his angry eyes met her emerald ones, and she shook her head, Arnav stopped, but that didn't mean he relaxed his muscles… nor give up his fifty ideas of different ways to kill the guy in front of him.