12

With a few minutes left in the car, I feel myself becoming anxious. My hands quickly become clammy while my heart begins to race faster than horses on a track.
Even though I feel pretty and well put together, I can't help but endure the sense of panic at the thought of Luca not liking the sight of me when I arrive.

Will he think I'm too dolled up? Or not enough?
Gosh... why do I care so much? I just need to take a few deep breaths and try to relax so I am able to enjoy the party. My first gala, this is exciting. I don't know how many more of these I may be invited to in my life, if any. So, I might as well try to soak it all in and let this be the experience of a lifetime.

Once the car passes through the gate and down the long driveway, the mansion comes into view. It's gorgeous. Even though I've seen it once before, I still find myself in awe at the magnificence of the large home. It's truly like a castle, just a bit more cozy and cabin-like.

Approaching the front of the house, we all step out of the car, and I find myself becoming thankful to God for not letting me be squished in the backseat with Bella and my Aunt Gemma. My uncle being crammed by our feet because he was too persistent on not taking another car if we can "all fit" in one. As the valet take the car and go to park it, we are greeted at the front door by an older man and woman, but most importantly, Luca.

As he shakes hands with a gentleman, his eyes meet mine. I can see straight away that his eyes begin to change colors, green to gold, green to gold. Back and forth rapidly.
His chest rises and falls deeply as he watches me as I slowly approach the small set of stairs with my family, but I stay in the back, kind of hoping it would give us a quick second of privacy as everyone heads inside.

The older man beside Luca speaks up, and I quickly pick up that these people are his parents. ""Welcome to our home, Mr. and Mrs. Porcelli, Mr. and Mrs. Bianco, welcome to our home. As you know, I am Carlo Locatelli, this is my wife Bianca Locatelli, and this here is our pride and joy. Our son, Luca Stefano Locatelli."
As Luca's father spoke his full name, I felt a blush rise to my cheeks. I don't exactly know why, but for some reason, knowing his name... and knowing how beautiful and truly Italian it is, made me feel things. His name truly couldn't be any more Italian. Through and through, it's just that.

After Bella and I'd parents enter, Mrs. Locatelli smiles at Bella and gives her a warm hug, "hello dear, how much longer until you can live here at the pack house hm? Antonio sure does miss you." She giggles softly, keeping her voice low.

"Not much longer hopefully." Bella smiles with a blush. I could tell she was a bit taken back by the question, but she handled it like a pro. At least better than I would have. I would've stuttered and tripped over my words like a fool.

As if picking up on his sons gaze upon me, Mr. Locatelli glances over at Luca before meeting my eyes with a smile, "Miss Giovanna Porcelli, it's a pleasure."

"The pleasure is all mine Mr. Locatelli. You and Mrs. Locatelli both have a beautiful home. It's an honor to be here tonight." I smile kindly, knowing what I said may not have been the best form of proper edicate or speaking for that matter. But I did the best I could considering the pounding of my heart being a tad distracting. Besides, I didn't stutter so that alone is a win.

Bella steps to the side to greet Luca's father as I step over to his mother to greet her. Before she even says a word, she embraces me in a warm hug before whispering, "my son can't take his eyes off of you."
I blush deeply before we end the hug, but I feel the blush staying put. She laughs lightly before brushing my arm in a comforting manner, "he will be in shortly. You girls go and enjoy the party."

Bella takes my arm and drags me away before I can even greet Luca.
I look back at him and see him already watching me as I walk inside the large home and into the gorgeous foyer. He offers me a side smirk as his eyes change colors once more before turning back to greet more guests.