36

Spencer

I've always thought that my dad was one of those people that would be considerate of me. Well, in a sense he is, but not in a sense when it comes to Harry.

Ever since Harry and I began dating in March and I've let my dad meet him, he's been considerate of everything that had involved him. He wouldn't push me to tell him anything that revolved around him or try to make me say anything about him that I didn't feel like. He always lets me say things when I am ready to. I've appreciated everything that he has done to make me feel comfortable talking about my boyfriend.

That is until Harry and my dad have gotten comfortable with each other. Now, they sometimes talk to each other without me being in the room which is a huge improvement. They used to not acknowledge each other because they didn't know each other very well. Because my dad has gotten very comfortable around Harry, he doesn't mind trying to embarrass me or anything in between in front of Harry. He enjoys doing it. He loves to see me fidget and get nervous when I see the two of them together. Today was one of those days when my dad was very comfortable with Harry.

Harry and I were fast asleep in my bed. He came over a few days intending to just see me for a few hours. Those few hours have turned into a few days. He's been living here for four days now. Not that I minded at all. I just don't want him to be here for so long that he ends up regretting it somehow.

My bedroom door flew open and my dad barged in. "Rise and shine! It's time to wake up. You've been cooped up here for days,"

I slowly opened up my eyes and saw my dad opening up my curtains. Intense light shined through the window making me shove my face into a pillow. That pillow just so happened to be the one that Harry was using.

"Can't you just let us sleep?" I groaned out.

"I would, but it's nearly 11 in the morning and you two are still sound asleep," he said, trying to take the blankets off of both of our bodies.

He successfully took the blanket off of Harry, leaving me the only one still warm underneath the covers. When he stole the blanket from Harry, he revealed him only wearing some sweatpants. Harry tried his best to find the blankets but failed. As a result, he took a pillow and hugged it close to his body.

"That's very rude of you, Brian," he mumbled.

"I don't care," my dad laughed. "It's time for you two to wake up. I don't care how cute you two may look when you're asleep, but it's time for you to get up,"

"No, thank you," I muttered, cuddling up closer to Harry's warm body.

"I'll give you half an hour to get ready for the day before I come back down here to drag you upstairs," my dad warned. "I don't care if you go shopping, go eat somewhere, just get out of the house and get some fresh air. You haven't been out of the house for days,"

"Five more minutes," Harry said into the pillow.

"I know how both of your five-minute alarms work," my dad sighed. "Either you'll get up now or not until another hour or so,"

"Alright, alright. I'm getting up," I said, sitting up in bed and rubbing my eyes. "I'll go take a shower and then drag him out of bed. I got it from here now dad. I'll make sure he gets up,"

"I'm counting on you," he pointed at me. "Half an hour and you two better be ready," he said before leaving my room.

I took that as my queue to begin getting ready for the day. I climbed out of my warm bed and made my way into my bathroom. I shut the door so that there was a slight crack between the door and the doorframe.