fifty-two, again

harry

Time moved fast during that therapy session, but we went over since Etheria had no patients until an hour after me.

I felt bad for taking up her free time.

"I'm sorry about all of this." She looked through some notes. "Do you think you might want to try medication?"

"If it got too bad I'd try it all, Etheria." I laughed and she stared at me blankly.

"Harry."

"Etheria."

"Do you think you might attempt again? Do you know what could potentially trigger you into feeling like you might want to do it again?" She asked me.

"Did I ever tell you my uncle beats the shit out of me?" I asked her instead. I couldn't quite remember if I did. She obviously knew most of it since she gave me my many diagnosis'.

She knows everything, I think. Except the coping mechanisms.

"No?" Her voice goes higher for a moment.

"Oh. Well he does. And it makes me want to die sometimes." I laugh. "Sometimes I quite like it. I think I deserve it, you know, for every person who died because of me."

"Harry, how many times do I have to tell you, you did not kill those people. They died knowing what would happen. The Fallen Fifty were not your fault, and those people were not your responsibility." Etheria was practically scolding me.

I felt like crying.

"But it was my fault. If I died almost eighteen years ago, no one else would've." I whispered. "Did you know my mum was pregnant when she died? I lost a sibling too."

Etheria, for once, actually let her usually-chirpy face fall. She knew how much it hurt to have a miscarriage, but to die with child?

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, that was a rough topic. I'm sorry." I began to apologise over and over to the point Etheria magically silenced me.

"It's alright, Harry."

And I started crying.