Father's Day! Daddy Issues

Ricky is in his cabin, thinking of a song to send to his dad. The only lyric he had in his head was "Happy Father's Day!"

"Ricky, broadway is calling, you gonna answer?" Carlos knocks on the door. "You've been couped up in here all day, don't you wanna come out, enjoy the fresh air."

"Wow! Seb really got to you, didn't he?"

"Whatever, Ricky. What are you doing here?"

"Uh..." Ricky takes a seat on his bed. "I wanna write a song for my dad. He may not be the best parent, he can't cook...and I don't really go to him for advice, but he goes beyond for me, even when I screw up. He's there for me and I want to pay him back."

"Well, you're a good songwriter, and if your dad is a good person, he'll love anything you give him."

"Thanks, Carlos" Ricky grins. As he walks out, the curly-haired songwriter starts writing in his journal. Let's hope this works.

Meanwhile, in their canoe, Jack and Harper were still talking, Jack's plan was working so far. Right now, he had convinced her to play a few rounds of 2 truths and 1 lie. "Wait, wait, wait, your real name is Jackson?"

"Yep, that's not something I tell many people. Alright, your turn?"

"Okay" Harper starts to think about which truths to tell. "I've been designing since I was 4, I once ripped my dad's jacket to redo it, or when I was little, I used to pretend I had magic."

"You ripped your dad's jacket? No way, I don't buy that."

"You'd be surprised."

"No one has ever been designing at 4, no way."

"Gotcha!" Harper points, making Jack laugh. "You really ripped your dad's jacket?"

"Yep, it was actually one of the first official clothing I ever made. I just wished me liked it" Harper tries her best not to think of dad, everything he said. "Jack, how close are you to your dad?"

"Well, we're actually pretty close. I've spent most of his life growing up in airports and know a bunch of random airplane trivia. My dad's a piolet so I basically go to airplane school."

"Wish I could have a close relationship with my dad."

"Well, you have me.."

Harper smiles at her friend's gestures toward her. Despite what he's taught himself from being part of the "Heartbreak Club" he truly cared about Harper and wanted to show her. He wanted to make her feel happy this summer.

EJ was in his room. It was time, he should get out and do what he came here to do: spend time with his parents. He places his hand on his doorknob, but he hears whispering outside the door. He opens it and sees his parents outside the door. "Were you guys just staring at my door?"

"Your dad's been doing since you left," his mom explains. "I just came to talk."

"Um, okay?"

"Everything okay, sport?" Cash asks.

Before EJ responds, he looks at the portrait behind his parents. He was only 10, he thought he could do anything in the world, but the world fought back. "Uh, I'm sorry. I did come to spend time with you, but, uh...my future got the better of me."

"Son, come here" Cash leads EJ to his bed and the family sits. "Your mother and I...are very proud of you."

"Very proud."

"The person you are today is the son we always wanted...but never knew. No matter what decision you make, if you decide to move across the state, stay close, or even decide to put a hold on college, we'll understand, and we'll always be proud."

"Because...a family is forever" Kara starts to massage her son's hair. "We could never truly leave each other, even if we tried." (Yes, I had to steal the Scarlet Witch Line.)

"Any suggestions about what to do?" The young adult asks.

"How about...movie night? Your choice."

EJ grins at his parents. He tried so long to prove himself to them, but they were always proud of him. The person he was really trying to prove himself to...is himself.

Gina was on her own near the docks, trying to wipe her tears. She shouldn't have yelled at her friends, but she just didn't have to talk about it. But once she felt the presence of her friends behind her, she should've known they would let this go.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you guys," she says. Val takes a seat next to her. "We don't know what you're going through, Gina. But we are your friends, so why don't you tell us what's going on?"

"Come on, roomie, what's up?" Ashlyn asks. Gina wanted to keep everything inside, but that was not gonna get her anywhere. "My dad...he was terrible. He was always drinking, arguing with my mom, and he was never really involved in my life. Or Jamie's. Around the time I was five, he told my mom he was going out for a walk, but never returned home. He left. For good."

"Oh," was all Jessie could say. They couldn't believe what Gina just said. Forst her dad left, then her brother left, then she had to move countless times. She never had it easy, it's like she never had one moment of peace.

Nini takes a seat next to Gina and takes her hand before giving her a hug. The other girls slowly join in. "Gina, it's clear that you've never had it easy, but come on, you are a force of nature."

"Nini..."

"No, she's right, tercet" Kourtney grins as Ashlyn continues. "It's so strong how you've gone through all of this yet still be this kinda person, I would've broken a long time ago."

"Your dad has no idea what he missed out on," Nora tells her. "And what would that be?" Gina scoffs. "A classic mean girl?"

"No" Nini corrects her. "A powerful, strong, caring friend and amazing dancer...who never gives up on what she wants. You're turned out better without him, he doesn't matter now. Cause you got us."

Gina lets out a soft chuckle, wiping her tears away. "I guess for the first time, I did get lucky in the friend's department. Thanks...for letting me talk to you guys."

"Hey, we're all sisters here" Ashlyn grins and all the girls engage in a group hug.

I feel like Gina's father could be a very interesting storyline in either Season 3 or 4 for Gina. It seems if Nini doesn't return for Season 4 (which she probably be) Gina will be the main girl of Season 3, so I feel it would be interesting to lead into. And I am going to make you all like EJ's parents, cause Matt and Elizabeth, they could be an iconic duo, I BELIEVE in it, just look at my pfp. Looking at Matt and Elizabeth, I can find so many similarities between their most known characters (EJ and Wanda). Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are.