six. *new edition*

TWO WEEKS LATER...

Maple syrup, coffee, pancakes. Hashbrown, egg yolks, toast. It was a spread for the ages.

Harry loved how the house smelled when Louis cooked. Even though Louis' pancakes were always misshapen, the hashbrowns a little too crispy, and the egg yolks way too runny, Harry couldn't think of anything better to eat first thing in the morning. Harry tried not to blink, as he watched Louis focus, placing everything on the table in its pristine position. Anytime something would shift, Louis would let out a soft, frustrated groan, before fixing it. Harry's heartbeat quickened and he tilted his head. He licked his lips and, for a moment, almost forgot how to blink, as he watched Louis place down the final items. When Louis finished setting the table, he stood over his work and doubled-checked to make sure he hadn't missed anything. Once he was certain everything was perfect, he gave two thumbs up then, sat in the empty seat next to Harry. As he slumped into his seat, Louis let out a heavy sigh and said, "Alright, dig in."

Harry inhaled deeply, anchoring himself in the moment, "Smells delicious."

"Thank you, Love," Louis nodded, unfolding a napkin and placing it over his legs. Then, he reached over to a nearby plate and grabbed the top piece from the Leaning Tower of Toast. He picked up his knife and cut off a piece of butter, spread it onto the toast then, shoved the toast into his mouth. He leaned back in his seat and let a satisfied sigh escape his nose, as he savored his bite.

Harry chuckled. "Shouldn't we wait for everyone to get here before we start?" he asked, eyeing Louis over the brim of his coffee mug. He tipped the cup against his lips, letting a small splash hit his tongue then, returned it the cup to his saucer and licked his lips.

Louis shook his head. He swallowed his current bite and shrugged. "I'm eating for three, remember?" he said, exhaling through his nose as he took another bite of his toast.

Harry grinned and rolled his eyes to the ceiling. He chuckled in his chest and shook his head. "Right. How could I forget?" he smirked, playfully, popping a grape into his mouth. Just then, the doorbell rang. Harry sat up, in response then, rose from his seat. "Please try to leave some for other people," he teased, passing a kiss to Louis' buttery lips.

Louis closed his eyes and inhaled, sharply, as he forced himself into Harry's kiss. When they parted, Harry crossed the room and headed to the front door. "I promise nothing," Louis grinned, shoving the last bit of toast into his mouth. He leaned back in his seat and let his eyes follow Harry all the way to the door.

Harry dusted off his hands, checked his reflection in one of the photos on the wall then, reached for the knob and opened the door. On the other side, a piercing shriek and open arms greeted him. "There's my baby!" Anne exclaimed, immediately wrapping her arms around Harry. For a second, Harry's eyes widened in surprise. Then, they returned to normal, as he wrapped his arms around Anne. "I've missed you," she continued pulling Harry closer to her.

"I've missed you too," Harry replied, burring his face into her neck. "Is Gemma on her way?"

"Sadly, no," Anne informed, dejectedly. She sighed, heavily, and began preening him. "She's got some big project meeting and unfortunately couldn't make it. But she told me she'd be available for a video call, if that's alright."

"That's fine," Harry nodded. "Any way she can be here, I'll take it."

"Good," Anne smiled, fixing Harry's fringe, "I'll go give her a call."

Harry leaned down to accept a kiss from her then, released his hold on her. Anne flashed him a smile then, reached for her phone and headed for the kitchen. Behind him, Harry could hear another shriek of excitement, as Anne met up with Louis. Harry looked over his shoulder to catch them mid-hug. His heart melted, as he watched Louis rub Anne's back with both hands and kiss her on the cheek. Harry flashed a smile then, went to shut the door. He stopped when he saw an unfamiliar car pull into their driveway. He wrinkled his brow and leaned against the doorway, waiting to see who was inside. A few moments later, Pheobe and Daisy stepped out, in-sync, from opposite sides of the car. Harry smiled and gave them a wave. Pheobe and Daisy waved to Harry then, made their way to the house. When they made it to the front door, Harry opened his arms and took each girl under one of his arms. He pulled them close and smiled. "I'm so glad you're here," he said, rubbing their backs, in-sync.