five. *new edition*

TWO WEEKS LATER...

Early in the morning, Harry's alarm shrieked, buzzing wildly on his bedside table. Harry groaned and buried his face into his pillow. He, blindly, reached for the alarm and haphazardly smacked the table until the alarm silenced.

Harry shook his head and turned to look out the window. He squinted at the sunlight, peeking in through the silver where the two curtains met, and rubbed his eyes awake. Harry raised his arms over his head and stretched from his fingers to his toes. He let out a deep yawn and sat up on his elbows. He looked to the other side of the bed and noticed it was empty. "Not again..." Harry whispered, dejectedly, shaking his head. He sat up completely and swung his feet off the edge of the bed. Harry massaged the kinks out of his neck then, threw off the blanket and got up to go check on Louis.

Out in the hallway, Harry, slowly, made his way to the bathroom, afraid of what he might find. When Harry reached the door, he knocked, softly, then, pushed it open a crack. "Louis, you alright?" he asked, peeking his head inside. Louis was shirtless, standing in front of the sink. Both hands cradling his abdomen, he caressed his thumbs along his stomach. His head was tilted to the side, his eyes locked on his reflection. Harry used the tips of his fingers to, gently, push open the door, not wanting to disturb Louis. Then, he leaned against the door frame, crossed his arms, and bit his bottom lip. For a moment, he let himself, silently, fond over Louis. Then, he scoffed in his chest and smirked. "What are you doing?" he asked, sweetly, leaning his head on the edge of the door.

Louis jumped from his skin and inhaled, sharply. He stepped back from the mirror and turned to see Harry watching him. "Fookin'...don't do that!" he breathed, pointing a firm middle finger at Harry.

Harry chuckled, "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"You didn't scare me..." Louis assured, a bit offended. He raised his hands over his head and ran his fingers through his hair. Then, he puffed out his cheeks and breathed, "I just...just don't do that, okay?"

Harry grinned and rolled his eyes, "Okay, I'm sorry." He licked his lips then, stepped into the bathroom and joined Louis at the sink. "What happened? You weren't sick again, were you," he asked, reaching out for Louis' hand.

"No, I'm fine," Louis assured. He took Harry by the fingertips and wrapped Harry's arms around himself, until they completely swaddled him. Harry kissed Louis' temple then, leaned his head into Louis' neck and smiled. "I was just thinking," Louis continued, leaning against Harry's and looking back at their reflection.

Harry tightened his hold on Louis and, slowly, rocked side-to-side, "'bout what?"

"Everything," Louis shrugged, leaning his head back against Harry's chest. "You. Me. You and me. The boys...." He paused then, used his hands to pull Harry's down to his abdomen. He linked their fingers together against his stomach then, tilted his head against Harry's and sighed, softly, "...the baby."

Harry flashed cheeky smile, "Should I be worried?"

Louis shook his head. "Not at all," he assured, caressing the side of Harry's hand with his thumb. "I was just thinking about everything we've been through. How lucky I am to be with you and how amazing it is that this miracle was granted to us."

"It is pretty great, isn't it?" Harry mumbled, pressing a kiss into Louis' neck. "I can't wait to meet her."

"Her?" Louis teased. "It's definitely a boy."