Chapter 38

The Emperor and the Empress

Chapter 38

_______________

The twins are now in middle school. Instead of a new son, they had a daughter. Although, Seijuro still named her Seiji. The parents noticed how the twins actions these days, which cause them to get worried "Seito, your not playing well. How can you win if you don't play correctly ?" Seijuro said as Seito stared at the shogi board "it's nothing" Seito mumbled and placed a piece on the board.

Seijuro narrowed his eyes at his son's attitude "the principle told me that you and Seiki dropped a bucket of red dye on a student. Mind explaining about those problems these days ?" He said "Seiki has nothing to do with it" Seito looked away "your never like that, what happened to you ?" Seijuro said "oh now you pay attention to me and Seiki ?" Seito said.

Seijuro was quite surprised at that. Senari came in to see them glaring at each other "what's going on here ?" She said as she rocked Seiji back and forth "none of your business" Seito snapped, Senari's eyes widen in shock "Akashi Seito, don't talk to your mother like that" Seijuro said "God ! I wish I wasn't an Akashi to begin with !" Seito got up and stomped out of the room.

"Seito !" Senari called, but only heard the slam of the door. Seijuro and Senari glanced at each other "I'll go talk to him" she said "no, let him calm down first" he said "it almost happened the same with Seiki" she said "what's wrong with them ? Those are not the twins we love and raised" she said "I'm sure there will be an explanation" he kissed her head.

Seito stared at the ceiling as he laid down on his bed "dad would always ask me about winning. He never asked me about something I like to do" he thought. He heard a known on the door, he groaned "go away !" He rolled on his side "Sei-kun" Seiki opened the door "hm" he sat up.

She held on the hem of her top "i-it happened again with mom" she sniffed "I knew it" he sighed "dad asked me if I won anything in school today, again" he said "d-do mom and dad hate us now ?" She rubbed her eye "come here" he sat up and and opened his arms. She sniffed and sat on his lap. He rested his back on the bed board and rested his chin on her head as he wrapped his arms around her.

She buried her face on his chest "mom was ignoring me when I was telling her I got a 100 on my test" she mumbled. He patted her head and kissed it "it's going to be okay" he said "I hate this life !" She laid down next to him "life isn't fair" she said and he laid down "I hope everything will be better tomorrow" she mumbled "believe me, it won't" he said.

They eventually fell asleep with his arm around her. Seijuro knocked on the door softly and opened it. He found them sleeping. He put the cover on them and kissed their heads "Seijuro" Senari came in "where's Seiji ?" He asked "sleeping" she said and sat on the edge of the bed "Seijuro, I'm worried" she sighed "our children hates us"

He closed his eyes to think "we'll figure this out tomorrow. Although, I'm very disappointed at them for not becoming brave enough to discuss about this" he said.

"Seiki was telling me something about school, unfortunately I was distracted that I couldn't hear what she was saying. I feel guilty for what I have done" she said "it's not your fault, that usually happens when we have a new child" he said "I'm still worried" she said "come on, let's go to sleep" he wrapped his arm around her and left the room.

Seito opened his eyes and glanced at the door. He looked at Seiki and found her sleeping. He kissed her forehead and she smiled as she snuggled closely on his chest. He sighed, hugging her tighter, not wanting to let go "I'm sorry for making you upset" he mumbled.

The next day at Teiko junior high, classroom A-1, the twins were sitting next to each other. The teacher said that he will be right back and left. Seito sighed and got up "I'll be going to the bathroom, I don't feel well" he told Seiki "you can't leave the classroom" she said "I do what I like, everyone fear me, even the teachers" he walked to the door.