She leant down to tap her fingers on the mans motionless shoulder and in a sudden second he jolted out of unconsciousness. She kept it there for another second and the shouting quietened down.

Luther, Diego and Vanya - they all watched as the mans facial wounds healed; it was like time reversing in front of their eyes. Nothing but bruises remained, his front teeth resetting themselves.

A choked gasp left his lips as she took her hand away and he scrambled back away from everyone around him, dazed eyes taking in the new people, and most of all the girl covered in blood standing over him. Miraculously, he wasn't in pain anymore.

She turned to look at the others with dull eyes. "I didn't do anything." She said softly, simply.

The look they all exchanged was a concerned one. Except Five, who she looked to last, who was glaring murderously down at the pathetic form behind her with eyes the darkest green she had ever seen on him.

Their Violet Hargreeves had been instilled with a sudden new confidence; it was silent and festering and clung to her like shadows, hidden in the backs of her brown eyes. Stuble, soft somehow and yet entirely psychotic.

Something in Violet had snapped and they could all see it plain as day even though it was only a subtle change in her demeanor.

"Wait, is this the guy?" Diego finally asked, putting things together over time. His folded arms dropped to his side in realisation and he looked absolutely murderous. He pointed. "Violet, is he the piece of shit-"

"-wait, who is he?" Vanya asked quietly from the back.

"He is, isn't he..." Five said lowly, eyes narrowing into something dangerous looking between them. He didn't take his eyes off of him. "The other guy who attacked you?"

The entire mood of the room switched up completely.

Their eyes all pinned the man to the spot accusingly. Even Vanya, who knew only of the news report and had only just been informed that she was her sister, looked disturbed and disgusted at him.

Five caught how Violet's fingers twitched at her sides.

"How did he find you? I thought you said she was safe?" Luther asked, looking between Diego and Five who clenched his jaw. He had seen the news too and had been filled in on the way there.

Safe, she thought numbly to herself. When had she ever been?

Then, another darker thought came to mind; she wasn't the one who needed to be kept safe anymore.

"What happened to him?" Luther asked then, pulling a face at just the thought of his injuries and the amount of blood there was everywhere - the sound alone of his groans had been enough to make a grown man cringe.

Violet had the sudden urge to say 'he slipped.'

She had a feeling only Five would find that as amusing as her.

None if them expected the man to actually speak up for himself.

"She's a fucking psycho!" He snapped, giving her a filthy look from the ground. "She's fucking mental!"

It was a rare time when the Hargreeves all agreed on something; This man was scum of the earth.

Violet's stared straight at Five with a withering look. He alone looked at the edge of his tether, fists clenched so tightly at his sides they shook. Only she caught it.

"She killed my fucking friend-" he continued whining and was cut off, this time not by Violet, but by Five who could hold back no more.

He blinked in front of him and punched him so hard across the face he fell to the side, hands shooting up to cover his face with a crack. His nose spurted blood immediately, and tears leaked from his face while he slumped over and groaned.