Recovery

Third Person POV

The clack of a pair of crutches echoed throughout the room as Y/N winced in pain, his leg slightly giving way as the nurse looked at him in quiet patience. For the past week Y/N had been put through a routine of healing and then physical therapy, his body recovering much quicker than he ever thought. As he took another step his thoughts soon wandered to the shipgirls however as he began to take another step a thought soon slipped through his mind.

Y/N: Power of the wisdom cube huh?

K: It is a truly wonderful piece of science.

Y/N turned his head towards the entrance door and soon saw K, his large glasses in his hand as he rubs the lens before then putting them back on. With a quick nod the nurse left the room and K soon walked up to Y/N, a smile on his face.

K: How's the process on walking?

Y/N: It's getting better, though the thought that I would be able to walk so soon is......interesting.

K: How so?

Y/N: I mean, I saw my own heart in my chest a week ago, and now I am up on two feet. Definitely a quick change in status.

K: Well that's the benefits of the wisdom cube, increased vitality, strength, and recovery. 

Y/N: Yeah, I guess so.

Y/N's eyes began to wander as he soon took another tentative step, his mind going back to his previous thoughts as he soon took another step. Suddenly Y/N felt as if his legs were ablazed, his body soon hitting the floor as K soon rushed towards him with wide eyes behind his glasses.

Y/N: Holy sh*t!

K: Where does it hurt?

Y/N: Where do you think?! God damn my legs are on fire!!

K: It seems that the wisdom cube is trying to activate rigging, but they seem to be damaged to the point of incapacitating you.

Y/N: What now?

K: I expected this stage to be later, but since its happening now my best guess is that it is not as damaged as we originally thought.

Y/N: Can I get a hand?

K: Don't move, I'll get a repair team.

As K soon left for the nurse Y/N continued to grit his teeth and bear the pain. His breath hissing between his teeth as a stretcher was soon brought out and Y/N was laid onto the stretcher and soon was rushed into the surgery room.

Timeskip.

As Y/N took another step, the clank of metal quickly followed as he tightly clutched the cane on his side. After his rigging repair it has been another slew of physical therapy before he can even walk with his riggings on. Nonetheless after another week of recovery Y/N has now found himself able to walk both with and without rigging as well as both walk on and control his ship, though slowly. As he continued to walk slowly along the deck of the ship he soon noticed K walking up to him from the corner of his eye. Y/N soon turned towards K who approached the marine with a slip of paper in his hand.

Y/N: Hey K.

K: Hello Y/N, how's your recovery coming along? 

Y/N: It's getting to a point where I think I can focus on training for combat.

K's smile soon fell to a slight frown, his posture stiffened as he began to tuck the paper away.

K: Really, combat training?

Y/N: Well, with the way I'm holding up and recovering it seems like I can start pretty soon.

K: *sigh* why must all of you soldiers, sailors, marines, or whatever else you call yourself these days be so ready to go back to fighting. Why not relax, turn on the radio, read a book, or I don't know do anything else besides training?

Y/N: And risk our drill sergeant, I don't think so.

K: Seriously? Where can he even appear from?

Y/N: My dreams.

K:........ok then.

With a small sigh K gave Y/N the slip of paper which the marine took with a small nod of the head in thanks.

K: Well, it seems that I can't change your mind but we have information based on what we gathered from autopsy from siren models as well as siren tech. These are just a few quick schematics we found out for weak points. Consider reading up more than this though while you recover. Just.....don't get any ideas about testing these discoveries just yet.

Y/N: Well.....

K: Just don't.

Y/N:.....you doctors and scientists are always so pushy sometimes.

K: Sometimes brute force gets the job done, I'll be making sure you aren't trying to sneak off base.

Y/N: God you sound like my lieutenant.

K rolled his eyes and soon turned around after a quick goodbye. As Y/N watched he looked down at the slip of paper, soon unraveling it to reveal a page of images and arrows as well as a very descriptive diagram of both the siren models and the riggings. He soon folded the paper back into his pocket as he then began to walk along the deck of the ship once again, hoping that the rest of the journey to recovery would be a smooth ride.