Ice

Third Person POV

The cold wind bites against Y/N's face as he looks out into the infinite whiteness of the ocean in front of his ship. It has been a quiet voyage of a few hours towards the Royal Navy base that was supposed to be under threat, however the snow has not only slowed their progress due to lack of vision but also somehow froze the fuel to most of the planes. Y/N has been able to use his radar however besides the mountains of ice, there was nothing.

Tirpitz: Commander?

Y/N turned around to see both Tirpitz along with Enterprise and Wales nearby. All with winter clothes on. Y/N could see that Enterprise and Wales were visibly shivering however Tirpitz seems to be treating the weather like it was nothing new.

Y/N: You're no cold?

Tirpitz: You get used to the cold and ice if you stayed up north so long that you got the nickname Queen of the North.

Y/N: Fair.

Enterprise: Are you cold?

Y/N was surprised at the question at first however he soon noticed he wasn't wearing a very appropriate jacket as he was just wearing his hoodie, however he didn't feel cold.

Y/N (thought): Strange.

Y/N: Nope.

Wales: Well, we should be pulling up to the base soon. We'll rendezvous with the force stationed at the outpost, then we can get a full assessment of the situation.

Y/N: Ok.

Wales: You know, for a Commander, you sure are taking a very laid back position with this.

Y/N sighed and stretched out a bit before turning back towards the field of ice.

Y/N: Well, you girls know this place and the ship girls themselves better than I do. So you know their capabilities better than I do. I'm pretty sure once I get to know everyone's pros and cons on the battlefield, I'll be able to take some weight.

Enterprise: So that's why you came here? To watch?

Y/N: Yes, and I was getting bored of paper work.

Tirpitz: Well you'll be disappointed, most of the time its nothing out here.

Y/N nodded and looked around him again into the vast fields of ice. Suddenly he saw what he thought was a faint glint and he squinted at it.

Y/N: Hey, does that look like a-

*KRAKOW*

A sudden gush of water erupts from the front of his ship and soon Wales ran up with a flashlight. She soon began to flash the light wildly in what Y/N guessed was code and soon the glint replied.

Wales: It seems we have met a scout party.

Y/N: Great.

Y/N grunted as he got up from the deck of the ship, however he soon felt his arm loosen and he quickly shifted his weight to his other arm to alleviate some of his weight.

Enterprise: Are you alright Commander?

Y/N: Yeah, just a bit wobbly.

That was a lie and he knew Enterprise knew, however she simply let out a small shake of the head before walking off to greet the now oncoming ships. Y/N quickly got up and pretended to crack his shoulders and quickly popped his arm back into his socket before quickly walking off to join Enterprise and Wales as Tirpitz quickly followed him.

Tirpitz: Are you ok?

Y/N: Yes.

Tirpitz: That shoulder doesn't sound like it's ok.